Happy Tuesday, loves! Man, yesterday sure was a whirlwind. Between the girls starting school to work to FROYO to a tree limb shattering my wind shield, it was quite a day. One I’ll cherish forever, though. Today will be quite a day as well as I start back supervising in the school system.
For those of you that are new, I went to graduate school to become a speech pathologist and have practiced since graduating in 2012. Although I am not full time, I do supervise part-time now for maternity leaves. This Fall I’ll be supervising several women. I am excited for what God has in store for me both with supervising and with this little space here on the internet. Y’all, there is a lot of transition happening over here!
I know I’m not alone in the transition world though. As kids transition back to school, our seasons begin to shift as well. And with the changing of seasons comes Pumpkin Spice Lattes, fall candles, and new fashion trends! I used to dread dressing for cooler temps, but I’ve grown to love how much fun you can have with a wardrobe as you transition to fall. It’s one of the few times of the year that you can get away with just owning a few basic pieces. From layering to mixing and matching, the 10 pieces below will help you transition to fall with endless looks for any temperature!
10 WARDROBE STAPLES TO TRANSITION TO FALL
- jean jacket – a casual jacket is a must have for transitioning to fall. Denim is a great neutral and can be easily dressed up or down.
- blazer – in addition to a denim jacket, a blazer gives you flexibility to look a bit nicer and have a jacket option if you’re in the corporate world. I would obviously opt for a white blazer, but truth me told, a black blazer is more versatile.
- light weight sweater – this is absolutely essential. You don’t want anything too bulky. Rather, a light weight sweater you can throw over jeans, a skirt, or leggings. Opt for a solid, neutral color.
- darker denim – one pair of jeans is all you need. I wouldn’t pick a super trendy pair either. Pick a run of the mill pair of skinny jeans that will go with anything and can be dressed up or down.
- jeans short or skirt – for those of us that live places where it’s warm on into October you’ll need another option for bottoms. I think a pair of jean shorts – not too ripped – like in today’s post is a great option. If you want something a tad more feminine or dressy, opt for a denim skirt.
- 1 pair of booties – I think having a pair of fall-esque shoes and one pair of summer-esque shoes is all you need. Opt for a neutral pair of booties to wear with shorts or pants!
- 1 pair of summerish shoes/mules – I wouldn’t opt for a sandal here. Rather, I would go with something with a bit more coverage like a mule. Something you can pass off in cooler weather.
- neutral blouse – whether it’s a white v-neck tee or a tan blouse, having one (or two) neutral tops is great. You can wear them as is or layer them under your blazer or denim jacket.
- neutral bag – no need to switch from bag to bag during this transition to fall. Opt for one neutral color bag to pair with any outfit combination. Again, I wouldn’t go with something super trendy as you want it to go with everything.
- LBD – Y’all know I’ll be wearing a LWD all year long, but I do recognize the importance of a LBD. Opt for one that is pretty basic to stand alone or layer over; to dress up or to dress down.
For more inspo on transitioning from summer to fall, check out these posts: an easy way to transition from summer to fall, how to transition to fall by mixing fabrics, how to transition versatile jumpsuits into fall, and 3 ways to dress for fall in warm weather.
photography: fort lion studio