Hi, friends! Can we just talk about how cute this photo is? This was taken last weekend at a Dallas Blogger Brunch at Lululemon in Legacy West. Dallas Blogger Brunches are some of my favorite events! I love these brunches because I get to meet other influences, other women that truly love supporting and encouraging other women. This past brunch we had a barre workout prior to brunch and it was um…so hard! We did take this fun photo afterwards though and y’all, we need to talk about this photo!
If you haven’t spotted me yet, I’m in the middle and uh…that is most definitely a muscle peeking through on my arm! It may be small, but it’s there and I haven’t had that before! I will be the first to say I’ve been thinner before, but rarely do I get muscle definition. I’ve always been made fun of for my “chicken legs” and my arms rarely have definition. But, all that has changed recently and it’s 100% due to BBG!
your BBG 1.0 questions answered:
- what equipment do I need? Not much! BBG 1.0 was designed for you to be able to do in your home with what you already have. The items I regularly use are free weights and a workout mat. Some of the arm exercises show a medicine ball, but I just hold my two free weights together. Some of the leg exercises also show the instructor using a workout bend for knee ups and such, but I just use one of the girls’ chairs. You probably have just what you need lying around!
- how many workouts are there per week? There are three 28 minute workouts per week – legs, arms and abs, and full body. Then, they recommend 3-4 LISS workouts (running, walking, jogging, etc.) per week as well.
- do you always do the LISS workouts? The first time I did BBG 1.0 I didn’t do the LISS workouts and I didn’t see the results I wanted. The LISS workouts are designed to keep you moving and active. I typically run 2-3 times per week (I love running), but also count my walks around the neighborhood with my girls as walking LISS workouts. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to fit them in!
- is there an order you have to follow? In the app the workouts are typically ordered: leg, arms and abs, and then full body. However, you don’t have to do them in that order. I usually try to just because it’s easy. But, if I’m traveling and won’t have free weights I may save the leg day for when I’m out of town knowing I won’t need weights.
- how much is it? I chose the monthly option, which is $10 per month. Way cheaper than a gym membership or fitness center membership.
- when do you workout? Whenever I can! I’m sure that will change when the girls go back to school and I work more. But for now, I typically do my BBG workouts during nap time and then run after the girls go to bed. I would love to do it first thing in the morning before the girls wake up, but I’m just not there yet. Someday!
- do you see real results? This is probably the most frequently asked question. What I love about the app is that the before/after pictures they show on intagram are over a period of 48 weeks or a year. It’s slow, gradual, and sustainable! This isn’t a quick fix, it’s a life style. The first time I did the program I didn’t do the LISS workouts and I didn’t really watch my eating. I got stronger, but didn’t lose a lot of weight. This time around I am doing the LISS workouts, religiously doing the BBG workouts, and making healthier eating choices. I’ve seen a big difference! I’m on week 9 and have already lost an inch around my waist, gain muscle definition in my arms, and strengthened my legs. I haven’t stepped on the scale, but my clothes are all fitting differently – looser! I’m excited to see what my body is like after 12 weeks!
- how is it compared to beachbody on demand? That’s a great question! I haven’t ever done beach body on demand or Tone it Up, but I have done P90X. I also used to be a big Orange Theory person. What I like about BBG 1.0 is that
- do you use the app or do you print out the program? I use the app and have the whole time. For me, it’s easier because I have my phone wherever I go. A calendar on the app automatically add your workouts for a week and it tracks all of your LISS and BBG workouts. It’s super user-friendly and easy to use. The app also has a voice feature that tells you what move to do next and how many reps. I personally love the voice feature because I don’t lose time staring at my phone to see how many reps I need to do.
- do you have to follow it religiously to see results? Yes. But, religiously isn’t that bad! The workouts are only 28 minutes long and the LISS workouts can be whatever you want them to be. You can run for 20 minutes or walk for 30; it’s up to you! I did not do the app religiously the first go round and didn’t see results. This second time around I’m following it strictly and actually seeing results!
- do you follow their nutrition guide? I don’t actually. I have a pretty good handle on my diet and am pretty conscious of what I’m eating. I completely cut out processed food and cut back on wine during the week. I do think the nutrition plan would be helpful though if you’re just diving into the world of nutrition; it’s a lot!