Happy Monday and happy 3rd day of Giftsmas!! Are you guys enjoying the giveaways so far? We are having so much fun showing you guys with gifts as a way to say thank you for all of your support! So far we’ve had two amazing giveaways – a gift card to Erin Condren and a pair of Koolaburra boots. Today’s giveaway will not disappoint either – it’s a gorgeous necklace from Kendra Scott’s new winter collection. If you want to win or see the necklace, head on over to my instagram! Each giveaway runs for 24 hours!
Clothes shopping is a funny thing – we all do it, but are we being mindful? Not just mindful of how we’re spending our money or the quality of clothing we’re purchasing, but mindful of what we’re actually buying. It’s so easy to get caught up in trends that we start buying the “newest” thing and forget to focus on our own body type and our own personal style. I’m totally guilty of this. Over the past several years I’ve really tried to be mindful of staying true to my personal style. I’ve also tried to be mindful about what flatters my figure and what works for my body type. I want the clothing I wear to fit me well, give me confidence, and fit my lifestyle.
I would argue that most of us know the best type of tops and dresses to flatter our figures. Coats though? I rarely give coats a second thought. I have my pea coat and several others, but I definitely did not consider my body type when I was buying them. As I try to perfect my personal style and hone in on wardrobe essentials that will last for years, I’ve begun to research the best coat for my body type. Although petite, I would classify my body type as hourglass. I have a bust and most definitely have hips thanks to my sweet girls.
Hourglass figures should focus on coats that accentuate their hourglass outline. Coats that tie at the waist or have a peplum shape.
the best coat for your body type:
- pear shape – belted coats are the best coats for your body type. They will give shape to your figure and produce an hourglass silhouette.
- petite – slim fit and/or cropped coats are the best pick for you. Wearing a coat that is too long or made of a thick fabric can swallow your figure.
- hourglass – wrap coats and peplum coats are your best options. They accentuate your waist and sustain your hourglass shape.
- apple shape – cocoon coats are your go-to coats. They are already cut a bit wider in the middle and will fit your body type perfectly leaving you feeling confident!
- busty – v-neck line and open front coats are the best option for you. A v-neck line will elongate your figure and open front coats keep your coats from adding too much bulk and making you look even bustier.
- tall – dusters/long coats are perfect for your body! You are long and slender and your bodies were made for long, duster coats!
- plus size – bombers or blazers are your go-to styles. Opt for coats that are made of thinner fabrics so they don’t add bulk to your figure.
Alright jewelry gals, did these fun earrings catch your eye? They’re part of Kendra Scott’s winter collection and they are the perfect earring for the holidays. They add the perfect amount of sparkle and they go with anything!
jacket: chicwish c/o | jeans: levi’s | heels: similar, similar | bag: gigi new york (similar) | earrings: kendra scott c/o | sunnies: karen walker
photography: fort lion studio