Happy Thursday, Fleurdille family! This time last week I was headed to San Clemente, CA (on the most turbulent flight ever) for my annual girls’ trip. This time every year me and about 9 or 10 other women leave our hubbies and kiddos behind and head to the beach for a little R&R. This trip is one of those vacations that we all look forward to all year long. Typically when I mention to other people how many women go I’m met with a look of “oh wow, that sounds like drama,” but it couldn’t be further from the truth. These women are some of the strongest, kindest, most intentional mothers and women I know. Every single year I learn so much from each of them.
For those that are unfamiliar with San Clemente, CA, let me start there. San Clemente is a quaint little town located just south of Laguna. It’s full of boutique shops, wine bars, breakfast nooks, coffee shops, and great restaurants. Located on the ocean, it’s also home to lots of surfers. There’s a trail that runs alongside the beach that’s almost always packed, and the pier is a tourist must. It’s laid back vibe and gorgeous terrain makes it hard for anyone to dislike. It is definitely a must-visit if you’re ever in the area.
Although we may try a new restaurant here and there, our general plan for the weekend looks the same year after year. We walk to breakfast in the morning, spend the days shopping, reading or sleeping, have wine in the afternoon followed by dinner and games or a movie at the condo. It’s predictable and yet you can make your day look however you’d like. As we go year after year we’ve slowly compiled a list of our “must-visit” stores and our go-to restaurants. But today, I’m going to share another one of our “favorites” lists.
What better opportunity to learn about the latest and greatest products than a weekend away with your girlfriends? Each year we share with each other the coolest thing we’ve been using. This year we got smart though and started to compile a list for our Amazon carts. Some of the items are beauty products, some are books, and others are clothing-related. Each item was raved about by myself or one of the other women and the list was too good not to share with you all. So, below you’ll find a list of all of our “must-have” items and why each one was recommended!
11 products every gal needs
- TELETIES – only the greatest hair tie. Y’all, these babies hold your hair so well, make the cutest pony tail, and never leave a crease! I’ve legit gone on a run with my hair up, taken it down and gone out to dinner.
- TINKLE RAZOR – this was probably the biggest hit of the trip.This little razor is what we like to call dermaplaning on a dime. This little razor gets ride of all of your dead skin and peach fuzz and makes your makeup glide on so much smoother! It doesn’t make your hair grow back faster, darker or thicker, either! Every woman needs a tinkle razor! True story – my friend Whitney and I used the tinkle razor on every girl on the trip and everyone became instantly obsessed. They were shocked at how much hair came off!
- MINI BLOW DRYER – this mini hair dryer comes with me whenever I travel. It’s super light weight and takes up such a small amount of space. Best part? It is so high powered! Several of the girls on the trip forgot their blow dryers and asked to borrow mine. I was curious how they would like it because they had some of the thickest hair. To my shock, they both loved it and couldn’t stop raving about how well it worked. They were instant fans! No matter your hair type or thickness, this mini hair dryer is a must have for traveling!
- THRIVE MASCARA – I am so anxious to try this mascara. My friend with the most beautiful lashes raves that this is the only thing she uses! Her lashes are long and thick and I need all the help I can get!
- VITAMIN C SERUM – Vitamin C serum has been a part of my skin care regimen for years and most definitely helps keep my melasma at bay. The one tip I learned on the trip however, was to mix your vitamin C serum with your moisturizer when you put it on. I have been trying it out this week and it works great! The one I linked is a great, affordable option and is 20% vitamin C (you never want to go under 20%).
- “TREASURED TIMES” BOOK – oh my gosh y’all, this book is the sweetest. This book focuses on ways to be intentional with your friends and family by giving you ideas on what and how you can celebrate with your loved ones during each month. Every idea is simple, sweet, and easy to accomplish! This is definitely a must-have for mommies!
- COLORESCIENCE POWDER SUNSCREEN – this is a great beauty product year-round, but especially as we head into summer. It’s a translucent powder that is 30 SPF and a great and easy way to re-apply sunscreen all throughout the day. I have one and use it daily!
- LUMBRUSCO SPARKLING RED WINE – I am not a sparkling wine fine, but y’all, this red sparking wine is so dang good. Trust me. My girlfriends and I get this every year at our favorite little wine bar. It’s so refreshing, has a bold taste, and is a great bottle to have on hand!
- TO ALL THE BOYS I’VE LOVED BEFORE MOVIE – Y’all, have you seen this Netflix movie yet? All the girls were raving about this movie the whole weekend. I finally saw it on the plane ride home and I totally get the obsession. It the most feel-good romantic comedy and I already want to watch it again.
- POGO WATER BOTTLE – this is the water bottle that I have been raving about since last Christmas. It was originally given to me as a gift, and I’ve been obsessed since the first day I used it. Hear me when I say it is the best $7 you’ll ever spend. I holds 32 oz of water, fits in your car cup holder, and has a chugger lid so you drink more with every sip, making it super easy to drink enough water!
- THE “FRIENDSHIP” SWEATER – This under $30 sweater was deemed the “friendship sweater” after we all bought it in San Clemente. We all got different colors – I got white (big shock), and we all agreed it’s a great transitional sweater. It is so soft, and the perfect thickness for Spring. We also all liked how long it was – long enough to cover your bum!
photography: fort lion studio