Happy Valentine’s Day, Fleurdille family! I hope you all have a love-filled day! By the time this hits your inbox, I will be up in the air and heading to San Clemente, California for an annual girls’ trip. It feels really weird to be leaving my little family on Valentine’s Day, but we’ve done a good job of showering our girls with love this week. It helps to know their days will be full of class parties and that their day will end with their favorite splurge meal with their daddy – Little Cesar’s Pizza. Haha.
For Valentine’s Day inspired posts, check out: The Weekend Edit: Valentine’s Day Edition, The 3 Prettiest Heart Sweaters for Valentine’s Day, and The Prettiest Pink Dresses for Valentine’s Day.
So often it is so easy for us – easy for me – to become self-focused on Valentine’s Day. We want to know what our significant other is giving us. Will we get a card? Will we get flowers? How big will our flower bouquet be? Will I get a gift? And so on! Don’t get me wrong, I love being showered with gifts, but I’m attempting to shift my attention away from myself and onto others this Valentine’s Day. I have a feeling it will bring me a lot more joy to love others than receive my own gifts.
It sounds so easy to just “love others,” but I’m such a visual person that it helps me to write down ways to love my friends and family. I feel like once I write something down I am much more likely to put it into action. Since I’m going to be with 8+ girls today and this weekend, I’m hoping to implement these and love my ladies!
9 ways to love your friend:
- A hand-written note – there’s just something about a hand-written note that is so meaningful. It takes a bit more time and effort to write a card and is something that is sure to warm up anyone’s heart!
- A text/call – sometimes even a text or call can go a long way. Shoot your friend a text or call today and let them know you’re thinking about them!
- Deliver a small gift – I have a friend that is so good at dropping off little gifts on my porch and it goes such a long way. The gesture speaks such volumes that you don’t have to spend a lot to make an impression. Simply drop off a candle, some candy, or even flowers and bring a smile to your friend’s face.
- Be a listener – is it so hard to be a good listener, right? Make an extra special effort today to be a listening ear to your friend and keep the focus on them!
- Be a helper – sometimes being a servant allows your actions to speak louder than your words. Find ways to serve your friend today whether that means watching their kids, helping clean the house, or picking up something from the store for them.
- Bring them their favorite treat – sugar is something we typically avoid, but it is so fun to be gifted a sweet treat. Pick up your friend’s favorite treat and drop it at their door!
- Spend time with them – be with them in person. This is an especially good one if your friend’s love language is time. Instead of giving them a big gift, opt to just spend time with them whether that’s having coffee at their house or grabbing some wine later in the week.
- Tell them why you admire them – complimenting our friends is something that isn’t always part of daily conversations. Take time today to tell your bestie why you love them and what you admire about them.
- Give them a little social media love – this sounds so cheesy, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but show them some love on social media. Give your bestie a shout out!
photography: fort lion studio
This post was created in collaboration with Chicwish. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille