Are you ready to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
It’s no secret that 2020 has been quite the heavy year and if you’re like me, you could use a little retail therapy! I am definitely looking forward to opportunity to upgrade my loungewear for less. Ya feel me?
In case you’re new to the sale, it’s one of the biggest and best sales of the year and I’m here to help you! Below I’ve laid out all the information you may need about the sale. If you have any specific questions please feel free to leave a comment or email me.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
What Is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of the biggest sales of the year. The sale offers new arrivals at a sale price from so many beloved brands like Madewell, Vince, and Free People. If you’re a Nordstrom card holder you get early access, too!
When Is the Sale?
- JULY 24TH – everyone has access to preview the sale for the first time ever! Thank you, COVID.
- AUGUST 4TH – 18TH – Icon Early Access
- AUGUST 7TH – 18TH – Ambassador Early Access
- AUGUST 10TH – 18TH – Influencer Early Access
- AUGUST 13TH – 18TH – Insider Early Access
- AUGUST 19TH – 30TH – NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE OPEN TO EVERYONE!
How Do I Shop the Sale?
- Apply for a Credit Card – As you can see above, the sale is open to everyone on August 19th so that is the easiest way to shop the sale. However, items start selling out super quickly during early access and there’s no guarantee that they’ll get restocked. So, the best option is to apply for a credit card and get access to shop the sale early.
- Know Your Status – Once you have a Nordstrom credit card, determine your status as that will determine when you’re able to shop it early as there are various categories of early access (see above).
- Download the APP – if you have the app, you’ll get notifications of items on your wish list and/or shopping bag that come back in stock!
- Preview the Sale – knowing what’s out there and what you want is the best way to shop. I highly recommend previewing the sale on July 24th to see what is included in the sale this year!
- Earn Double Points – if you are a cardmember, you can use a double points day when you shop the sale to earn twice the points!
- Contactless Curbside Pickup – in years past I have recommended shopping both in store and online. However, this year I recommend doing all of your shopping online. Nordstrom now offers contactless curbside pickup to keep you safe and healthy!
Why Should I Shop the Sale?
It’s a great time to grab designer pieces at a majorly discounted price. One of the designer items that’s part of the sale year after year are the black Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots. I debate getting them every year and may just have to pull the trigger this year.
If you’re a sale shopper like I am, this is a great time to beef up you Fall/Winter wardrobe at a fraction of the cost.
What I Typically Buy From the Sale:
The past couple of years I’ve found myself shopping the same type of items from the sale. I always shop activewear because the deals are just so good. My favorite brands to shop are Zella and Beyond Yoga.
I also like to shop basics that I know I’ll wear all fall and winter. Think neutral sweaters and classic coats. The Anniversary Sale is also a good time to grab some staple jeans.
The other things I like to shop during the sale are home decor items and items I can give as Christmas gifts. Throw blankets have been part of the sale for the last couple of years and are great to have on hand or give as a gift.
What Is the Best Strategy to Shop the Sale:
The best strategy by far is to sign up to be a cardmember to get early access. Items sell out quickly, so the earlier you can shop the more likely you’ll get what you want.