March might be one of my favorite month’s to build a capsule wardrobe. Here in Dallas, the temps are starting to rise, the days are getting longer, and it really does feel like spring is right around the corner.
March starts and we trade in our puffer coats for light weight cardigans and white blazers. We swap our dark denim out for white jeans and skirts. The weather is nicer, so we can start to wear dresses with sandals. It’s a whole vibe, and I’m here for it!
Last March was my first official capsule wardrobe and I’m actually repeating one of the pieces from last year’s wardrobe – the black dress from Everlane. It’s one of my favorite dresses of all time. In fact, I own it in all three colors – the white, pink and black. It’s obviously so cute to wear as is in the summer, but it’s also super easy to layer with in the Spring.
My inspiration for this month’s capsule was light, boho, feminine vibes. I chose fabrics that flow, dresses with feminine shapes, and neutral layers. It’s one of my favorite capsule wardrobes so far and I hope you’ll like it too!
top | pants | sandals | hat (similar, similar) | necklace | similar bag
March 2021 Capsule Wardrobe Pieces:
DRESSES & JUMPSUITS:
- BABYDOLL MIDI DRESS (in orange spice) – I am loving all the earth tones and orange tones this season and think it makes for a good contrast in a neutral wardrobe. The bodice and sleeves on this dress are feminine and fun!
- EVERLANE BLACK SLIP DRESS – this is the dress I mentioned above. It comes in blush and white, too, and is a dress every woman needs in her closet. It breaths well in the summer and layers easily in the cooler months.
- FLORAL MIDI DRESS – I love the bodice on this dress, the small floral pattern, and the billowy sleeves. It’s the perfect spring dress and would look so cute under a denim jacket!
- NEUTRAL TEXTURED COTTON DRESS – a neutral dress like this is a must-have for spring. It acts like a blank canvas and can be worn as is or layered with any type of jacket you have!
- WHITE MIDI SKIRT – midi and maxi skirts are making a comeback this Spring and I’m okay with it. I love this one because it’s double lined and can go with almost anything. Dress it up with heels or down with sneakers.
- BLACK SCOOP NECK JUMPSUIT – this might be one of the most versatile jumpsuits. It’s very stretchy and super soft, so I can easily see one wearing this to work with a blazer or to the beach over their suit!
TOPS & JACKETS:
- WHITE VNECK TEE – I am normally partial to the Madewell vneck tees, but love the fit of this one. It’s a bit more oversized and the sleeves are a little looser. I think it makes a fun statement and looks great on it’s own or layered under a jacket.
- WHITE SHORT SLEEVE BODYSUIT – even though I already have a white tee in this capsule, I think the bodysuit adds a little something, too. The bodysuit is a bit sexier and shows off your feminine curves a bit more. It’s an easy top to layer with or wear as is for date night.
- RIB-KNIT CARDIGAN – I am all about the rib trend happening right now and couldn’t resist including this sweater. I plan to layer with it all month. I even plan to wear it as a coverup on the beach in a couple weeks on chilly nights!
- WHITE BLAZER – I couldn’t resist including a white blazer – a classic piece in a spring wardrobe. This one fits incredibly well and will last years in your closet!
- BLUSH CARDIGAN – to break up some of the white layering pieces I included this blush pink cardigan. I love the feminine, spring vibe and it can be styled just as easily as the other jackets!
- BEIGE CROP JACKET – crop tops are in this spring and while I can’t pull off a crop top, I thought this cropped jacket was too cute to pass up. It can be layered over every single piece in this wardrobe!
- HIGH WAIST SELF-TIE JOGGERS – holy moly are these pants comfortable. They’re a super cute take on joggers and look great paired with a blazer, a sweater, or just a white tee.
- WHITE BUTTON-FRONT JEANS – could we even have a spring capsule without white jeans? I wear white all year round, but if you don’t and you’re looking for a reason to wear white jeans, let this be the reason. These jeans are so insanely comfortable and have the perfect amount of stretch to them. I went down one size and they fit perfectly!
- WIDE LEG JEANS (wishbone wash) – I am loving the wide-leg trim and these pants are a good neutral take on wide leg denim. The buttons in the front add a fun detail, too!
- WIDE LEG PANTS – these are the pants pictured above and they are crazy comfy! I highly recommend them!
March 2021 Accessories: