Hey family! Today I am so excited to be partnering with one of my favorite brands – Versona. I had the privilege of working with them earlier this year and you guys loved it. If you missed our first collaboration, you can check it out here – we chatted about the 6 most affordable trends this season!
A couple of weeks back I did a poll on instagram asking you guys if you’d prefer cocktail attire or casual holiday looks. You guys answered with a resounding response. Almost all of you preferred to see a casual holiday look. So, when I teamed up with Versona to share some holiday inspiration, I knew exactly what to style for you guys.
During this holiday season we’ve had several casual holiday events – brunches, house parties, etc., and so I’ve had a couple of chances to really perfect this whole “casual holiday look” thing. I’ve found developed a bit of a checklist to guide me as I pick my outfits and wanted to share my tips with you guys.
5 CASUAL HOLIDAY LOOK TIPS:
- Wear one casual piece – this is a a piece that will mark your outfit as “casual.” For me, it’s typically jeans. If you wear a skirt or a dress you may show up overdressed. So, I say always have one piece of clothing that doesn’t stand out.
- Classy over holey – I can see my mom nodding as she reads this tip. Even though your event may be casual, you still want to look classic. So, opt for a darker pair of jeans and steer clear of holey, ripped jeans.
- Add a bit of sparkle – it is the holiday after all, so this is the perfect time to add a bit of sparkle or glam to your look. The easiest way to do that is by adding a little sequins. You can always carry a sequin clutch, but I think this gorgeous blazer makes so much more of a statement. I love this one in particular, too, because it’s more of a cape. It’s super comfortable and yet it makes a big statement!
- Mix & match textures – another way to move away from your standard jeans and a sweater look and move more toward a casual holiday look is by mixing textures. For example, I layered this sequin cape blazer over a lace top. The two together makes much more of a statement than just putting this blazer over a white turtleneck. So fun, right?
- Stay neutral – sticking with neutral colors helps to keep your outfit on the casual side. If you go bolder, let’s say with reds or pinks, you will most definitely stand out which is fine, but it may not fit that “casual holiday look” category anymore.
photography: lauren morgan
This post was created in collaboration with Versona. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.