Happy Hump Day, babes! This week is starting to fly by and we are kicking off our holiday events this weekend with our first holiday party! I am also heading to the Gaylord Texan Resort tomorrow for a 2-night birthday staycation. My sweet sister is coming with me tomorrow tonight for some fun girl time and then the hubs will be staying the second night. Eek! I am beyond jazzed because the Gaylord will be decked out – and I mean decked out – in holiday decor. They also have ICE!, which is an ice sculpture attraction with over 2 million pounds of ice! I’ll be capturing it all on my instagram stories, so be sure to follow me to see all that we’re doing!
Let’s talk holiday parties though! We all have all kinds of holiday events coming up: house parties, work parties, church events, and family parties. If you’re like me, the hubs might kill me if I buy new outfits for each event. So, rather than buy a new outfit for each party, I look to add one key piece that I can style more than one way. If you’re looking to scale down as well, then I would opt for a piece that is chic and quality. I love mixing quality, designer pieces over trendier pieces.
The best way to make your holiday look – any holiday look – holiday chic is to add fur! I found this gorgeous winter white faux fur vest from Clotheshorse Anonymous and snagged it immediately. Whether your fur is black, white, or a fun color, a fur vest is honestly the easiest way to look chic! They are great too, because they can easily be dressed up or dressed down. The particular look I styled for this post is with a work event in mind. Trav and I have a work party coming up so I needed my attire to be business casual (dress or skirt and pumps), but also appropriate (no cleave). So, I paired it with a modest dress and buttoned the top clasps of the vest for a slightly more conservative look (the hubs works at a bank after all).
5 Holiday Outfits to Style with a Fur Vest:
- over a dress – this is the easiest way to style a faux fur vest I think because you have so many options! You can style it over a midi dress, a sweater dress, or a cocktail-appropriate dress like this velvet dress.
- with a skirt – vests pair well with pencil skirts, leather skirts, or swing skirts!
- with jeans – if you’re going to a family event or a neighborhood party and need a more casual look, pair your faux fur vest over skinny jeans with cute OTK boots (on sale) and a neutral blouse ($16).
- with spanx leggings – if you want to go super chic, go all black under your vest; it’s sure to make a winter white vest pop! I would recommend these uber popular faux leather spanx leggings and a black top.
- over a print – layer over leopard print for a more spirited look.
host gift – what to bring to win over any audience
photography: fort lion studio
This post was created in collaboration with Clotheshorse Anonymous. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.