Anyone else plan on living in workout clothes in January? I sure do!
With a new year comes new resolutions and I know so many of us have made at least one resolution around our health. Some of us may have set a goal to run a marathon while others may have set an intention to walk 20 minutes a day. But no matter what your fitness goal may be, being active is crucial to physical and mental health.
I share some of mine in yesterday’s blog post, and plan on hitting the ground running this month. I set goals that will push me, but that are also attainable. I want to be active all year round, not just the first couple of weeks in January.
Because I figure we’re all on a fitness journey right now, I centered this month’s capsule wardrobe around workout clothes. As always, I own each of these pieces and find value in each piece. Most of the items are around or under $50, and most importantly, each piece is incredibly versatile.
The workout clothes in this capsule wardrobe can be worn to work out in, to run errands in, to lounge in, or to pick up your kids from school. All of the items can be styled interchangeably, so you will get so much use out of each piece, too!
January Capsule Wardrobe: Workout Clothes
- WHITE TARGET LONG SLEEVE SEEMLESS TOP: I included this top because it’s a great top to workout in in the winter. It can easily be layered under another layer if you’re working out outside. It also breathes really well, so you can easily workout indoors as well. Fits TTS.
- VUORI “NATURAL” CATALINA CREW: I was recently introduced to this brand and holy wow. Their clothing is so incredibly soft. I will say that the price range is a bit higher and somewhere in-between Zella and Lululemon. However, their pieces are so well-made, incredibly comfortable, and worth the investment. For pieces like this neutral crew that you can wear so many ways and year after year, it’s worth the cost in my book. Fits TTS.
- VUORI “HEATHER GREY” DAYDREAM CREW: I couldn’t help but include another Vuori top. This one is insanely soft. It’s a bit thinner than the one above which acts more like a sweatshirt. Because this one is thinner I have been wearing this one to workout in more. I have done a weight workout indoors with it and I’ve run outdoors in it. I would stay TTS if you have a smaller chest, and if you have larger breasts, I would go up one size.
- ZELLA HIGH/LOW SWEATSHIRT: Zella is one of my favorite brands for workout clothes and this sweatshirt is so dang cute. It’s great to wear tow workout, but also passes as loungewear too!
- FREE PEOPLE “WHITE” LONG-SLEEVE CROP TEE: I’m not a huge crop top person, but this one comes down long enough that it works. It looks super cute with high-waisted leggings or layered over the Free People Onesie. It’s also super light and loose so if you get hot easily while working out, this is a great option. Size down one size.
- BLACK AMAZON PADDED TANK TOP: I got this tank top a couple of months ago after seeing so many people rave about it. It fits snugly enough to hold things in place and is perfectly padded – not too much and not too little. I personally like this top best because I am short-waisted. If you have a longer torso, I would go with this one. Both fit TTS.
- BLACK FREE PEOPLE ASTRO ONESIE: this piece is a little out there, but I’m obsessed. I think the onesie trend for working out is so dang fun. I’m not sure I’d wear it by itself (except at home), but rather layered with a fun top. It looks super cute paired with the crop tee above or with a fun open back or twist back sweatshirt. Fits TTS.
- AERIE “PEBBLE” HIGH-WAISTED LEGGING: y’all, these leggings are crazy soft and dupes of these Alo leggings. They’re high-waisted too, so they’re very flattering. They breath really well too and the color is a good neutral that’s not see through. Fits TTS.
- L&M BLACK LEGGINGS: if you follow me on Instagram, then you know how much I love this new-to-me brand this year. These leggings are under $50 and have the perfect amount of stretch to them. They breathe well and best part – they’re almost seamless. They have one seem that runs on the inner part of your leg, but other than that they’re so smooth and so flattering. Fits TTS.
- AERIE “ARBOR OLIVE” HIP GLOSS SUPER HIGH WAISTED LEGGINGS: I’ve had these for a couple of months and they’re great. They are insanely flattering and the gloss sheen is fun and perfect to ring in the new year! Fits TTS.
- VUORI “SPICE” DIALY LEGGING: I really love the look of these leggings. They look like joggers, but fit like leggings. They’re a great option to workout in or wear as athleisure. Fits TTS.
- NORDSTROM RACK JOGGER PANTS: beige jogger pants have to be some of the most versatile pieces for athleisure. These are great price-wise as they are under $30 and they can so easily be styled with workout clothes or with a cute sweatshirt or denim jacket. Fits TTS.
- WHITE VEST: a vest is one of the best layering pieces for workout clothes in the winter. I have a white vest that I’ve been wearing all winter, but this one is comparable in fit and probably better quality than mine. It comes in black, too, if you’d prefer that color.
- AERIE ‘BASKETWEAVE” CORDED SWEATSHIRT: this is a favorite of mine. It functions so well as something you wear to go on an outdoor walk in or something you style with jeans and cute white sneakers. Fits TTS.
- TARGET BLACK TERRY CARDIGAN: y’all, this is so insanely soft and stretchy. It’s a great cardigan to throw over whatever you just worked out in. Size down one size.
- ZELLA “GREY PORPOISE” FULL-ZIP HOODIE: just like the cardigan above, this is a great layering piece that goes over anything. Fits TTS.
- BLACK ALO HAT: I love wearing a hat when I workout outdoors to protect my face from the sun and hide my greasy hair. I love this one because it doesn’t show your sweat and the logo is minimal.
- NEW BALANCE CROSS TRAINERS: If you want some affordable shoes to walk in, wear as athleisure, or do a weight workout in, I recommend these. I have had the black for a year and love them so much I’m thinking about getting another pair. They’re so comfortable and feel so light on your feet.
If You Liked This Post, You May Like These Too:
The Fitness Program That Is Changing My Life and Lifestyle