It’s been a whirlwind of a travel day, but I’m hoping that by the time this hits your inbox I’m on my way to Palm Springs. Travis and I are traveling to Palm Springs for a long weekend with 3 other couple friends from Baylor. We travel together every February and this year we decided to head somewhere warmer.
We have never been to Palm Springs, so we are very excited. First step though is to just get there. There was a major cold snap in Dallas today that’s brought with it some freezing rain. Our original flight got canceled, so we’re attempting to take a red eye to Phoenix and then catch an early flight Thursday morning to Palm Springs. Fingers crossed!
One of my favorite parts of packing for a trip is to plan out outfits for each day. I make written lists out on paper and sometimes even make mood boards. Did you or do you make lists of your outfits and everything to pack? I find it so rewarding to check things off the list and it keeps me from forgetting something (usually)!
Another tip I got from a friend was to not only plan out your outfits, but take a picture in each one prior to your trip. Then when you get to your destination you just scroll through your phone and grab the pieces in your picture. Genius!
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m trying something a little new for this trip. I subscribed to Nuuly this month and am renting several dresses. I’m excited to try it out! So, some of the dresses I am bringing I may not be able to link, but everything below is linkable! I am also walking through my outfits below as well as the travel accessories I can’t travel without.
What I’m Planning on Wearing in Palm Springs:
DAYTIME OUTFIT OPTIONS:
Planning outfits for the daytime was honestly a bit more challenging for me than evening. It will be slightly cooler during the day so I will probably be wearing my denim jacket or coatigan most days. I packed some dresses like this dress (size down 1) as well as some tops to go with these white flare jeans.
NIGHTTIME OUTFIT OPTIONS:
For the evenings, I’m bringing several dresses I found on nuuly like this one from Anthropologie and this one from LoveShackFancy. I plan to bring this denim jacket to wear at night when it cools off. And in case we have a night that’s warmer than we anticipate, I’m bringing this dress.
POOLSIDE OUTFIT OPTIONS:
I’m hoping the pools are heated because this mama definitely wants some time poolside. I’m bringing this Amazon one piece (heads up, it’s not padded), and this crochet skirt as a coverup. I’m also bringing this kimono to wear over bathing suits.
- SHOES – I’m taking several sandals like these and these. They’re both neutral and will go with most of my daytime outfits. I’m also taking these heels and these heels to wear with dresses at night.
- STRAW HAT – Last summer I splurged on a hat I fell in love with. I brought my Janessa Leone hat on this trip to either way poolside or during the day. It goes with everything!
- PACKING CUBES – I got these packing cubes (under $25) several years ago from Amazon and have been so happy with them! They come with 4 different sized packing cubes and a laundry bag. I have the pink ones (it was a lightning deal at one point), but it has multiple color and pattern options. Once you pack with packing cubes, you’ll never go back. It makes packing and unpacking so easy.
- FOLDING TOILETRY CASE – another Amazon find! This folding toiletry case is a game changer because it holds full size products and brushes. I think I share it every time I travel because it’s that good.
- MINI BLOW DRYER – this mini blow dryer is worth every penny. It puts out the power, y’all! In fact, I use this daily now instead of my normal blow dryer. It’s so light weight and works so well!
- APPLE AIR TAGS – this is a new travel accessory for us and we are testing it out this trip! We bought a set of 4 and put one in Travis’s golf bag and one in my checked bag. You can track the tags from your phone, so we’ll be able to find out luggage if it gets lost.