Hey, there! I’m so glad you’re here!
I had so much fun creating a capsule wardrobe for summer, but I’m excited to get back to monthly capsules. I created a capsule wardrobe for teachers, and plan on creating a business casual capsule as well. My hope is that through these capsules you will save money, wear the clothes you own more, and learn to have fun styling pieces you own in more than one way.
For September’s capsule wardrobe, I really tried to make it as transitional as possible. I have pieces included that work for warm weather and other pieces that work well in cooler temps. I also included some more casual pieces like jeans and jean shorts as well as nicer pieces like a slip dress and slip skirt.
I also tried to make this capsule as affordable as possible without skimping on quality. So, you’ll find that most pieces are under $100! Wohoo!
Something new that you’ll find with this month’s capsule is that I will be styling an outfit with pieces from this month’s capsule every day in September. So, follow along on Instagram and you can find inspiration on how and what to pair together.
September 2022 Capsule Wardrobe:
- SATIN BLOUSE: I love this satin blouse and that it can be worn as a top or open as an outer layer.
- WHITE BUTTON DOWN: this button down is another top that can be worn as a top or an outer layer; the perfect weight for this transitional period.
- SWEATER BLAZER: I got this sweater blazer in a tan color several years ago and wear it so much during the fall/winter months. I grabbed it in this cream color this year and know I’ll get so much use out of it.
- STRIPE SWEATER: stripes are a big fashion trend this fall and this sweater is a classic and will look cute with shorts, a skirt, or jeans!
- SLIP DRESS: I got this slip dress is several colors last year and wore it all the time. You can dress it up with heels or down with sneakers and a denim jacket.
- CROP JEANS: every gal needs a pair of straight leg jeans and this crop pair has been my go-to lately.
- BLACK PANTS: rather than straight leg black pants, this wide-leg pair is trendy and fun!
- FLARE JEANS: flare jeans are coming back and this pair is cute and affordable.
- WIDE LEG PANTS: I’ve had some wide-leg pants for several months now and they’re a great option for work or play!
- DENIM SHORTS: because so many of you live in Texas like me, shorts a must in a September capsule. So, for the 90 degree days in September, opt for shorts over pants. (black denim, regular denim)
- SMOCKED SKIRT: I’ve worn this skirt all summer and love that it can be transitioned into fall. It’s playful, flattering, and not too short.
- SLIP SKIRT: slip skirts are going to be on-trend again this fall and I’m here for it. I love this neutral color and how versatile this skirt is.
- BODYSUITS: these bodysuits are some of my favorite of all time. I wear them constantly and know you will too! They’re super flattering without showing too much.
- WHITE TEE: this tee is a great casual tee and can be dressed up or down!
- DRAPEY SHIRT: I love the femininity of this top and how versatile it is.
- SIDE-SLIT TUNIC: I don’t typically wear a lot of color, but I love the fall shade of this tunic. I’ve already worn it as a dress, with denim shorts, and with wide leg pants! It’s a lot more versatile than you think!
Each of these pieces can be styled so many different ways and I hope you have as much fun styling them as I do! As far as accessories go, these mules are a great, affordable shoe option, and this hat would be a cute addition, too!