Hey, there! I’m so glad you’re here!
As y’all know, we bought a house last fall and are slowly but surely seeing the rooms come together.
We had a vision to keep the communal spaces neutral, warm, and inviting. I’ve found over the past few years that I can easily create a vision for a room and find the big pieces to go in it. Where I struggle though, is with finding art work and pulling it all together with things like wallpaper or drapes.
So, we worked with Lynsey of Max & Lou Home to help us finish out the designs and decor for several of the rooms in our house. And y’all, I am so pleased with how Lynsey helped bring our vision to life.
One of the things we asked Lynsey to do as she designed this room was to mix quality pieces with affordable pieces, and she did exactly that! We knew this room would be a focal point when people walked into our home, but we also knew it would be well trafficked. With kids anything is subject to getting dirty or ruined and so I wanted to be able to really live in this dining room.
Neutral Dining Room Decor:
Dining Room Decor:
- Pottery Barn Cayman Table – our dining room is pretty long, so one of our “musts” was a longer table. This table is simple, a light color, and was perfect for our family. I love that it can seat 8 people around it so we can host comfortably! Eventually we plan to purchase two white cloth chairs to put on the ends.
- Walmart Woven Chairs – this might be my favorite purchase of this room. Y’all, these chairs are from Walmart of all places, but look so nice! They’re also comfortable, which is a big ole bonus!
- Wayfair Area Rug – rugs are one things I can’t bring myself to spend a lot of money on because…kids. In fact, we’ve already spilled red pasta sauce and milk on this rug. I love that it’s neutral, but the pattern in it doesn’t show dirt easily and hides all the impurities to come!
- Pottery Barn Rattan Pendant – this pendant just gives me all the feels. It adds warmth to this room and makes the perfect statement.
- CB2 Wall Sconces – these sconces are so fun and I love that they don’t take away from the pendant or the painting.
- Canvas Artwork – praise the Lord for Lynsey because I struggle with picking out artwork. I love the piece she chose however and think it fits this space perfectly.
- Amazon Pinch Pleat Curtains – we’ve purchased curtains from Amazon several times now, and I have to say, I am so happy with these.
- Amazon Wallpaper – y’all, I have never had wallpaper in a home before! It was so fun hearing Lynsey suggest this, and I’m so glad we went for it! It breaks up all the neutrals and whites and gives something fun for your eye to look at.
- Target Console – this console sells out so quickly, but I love that it gives us a bit of storage and provides a good contrast to the neutral dining room furniture.