On my days off, you can most likely find Emma Grace and me running around Dallas doing various errands and having a dang good time doing it! We always try to mix in a little fun with the “boring” errands (that may or may not mean froyo). I will say that when EG was an infant it was a lot easier to just put her in her carrier and let her sleep while I ran errands. Things have changed a bit and although it’s more challenging at times, it’s a lot more fun with a buddy! With the Texas heat increasing by the day, we typically reach for our cotton dresses or a casual short outfit to keep us cool, but still look trendy. Today, we both opted for denim on denim or a “Texas Tuxedo” as some like to call it; a big trend this summer! I’ve really loved this top for Emma because we’ve been able to pair it with so much: white eyelet shorts, denim shorts, a skirt, and colored jeans. For me, this has been a great maternity option to pair with more than one type of bottom as well.
our tips for running errands with a toddler:
1. always pack snacks & water in your bag/car – snacks can be a life saver when a breakdown ensues
2. pick your battles: there are some battles that just aren’t worth fighting; for example, I had really cute shoes picked out for EG to wear for today, but she insisted on wearing her “Elsa” crocs and rather than make her cry, I just went with it – if she’s happy, I’m happy!
3. use your errands to really build into your child’s curiousity; for example, EG loves to talk about her environment and she loves flowers, so we spend a lot of time talking about what we see, what people are wearing, and we really do spend a lot of time smelling flowers
4. give your little one a job; I’ve found that EG does a lot better when she can play an active role in our errands whether that means holding a small bag, closing doors, pushing the kids cart at Trader Joes, anything to make them part of your day!
5. make one of your errands one your little one will enjoy; if I have to make multiple stops on our errands I typically let the last one be something like froyo that Emma really enjoys; it keeps her spirit up and I can use it for motivation when she starts to get tired 🙂
a pea in the pod top (on SALE) | motherhood maternity shorts | loft sandals (on SALE) | sole society bag (similar) | gorjana cuff | kendra scott earrings
emma grace’s outfit:
old navy top (similar in red, polka dot) | old navy shorts | crocs via nordstrom | tiffany bracelet
xo – anna