I have to admit, when I used to hear of “mommy and me” outfits I would have rolled my eyes and envisioned a smocked outfit for the little girl and a somewhat matching, frumpy skirt and top for the mom. I don’t know if this is what you did or do envision either, but I’d like to think that Emma and I are changing that stereotype (if it even is one).
To us, we like to think of “mommy and me” outfits simply as expressing our own takes of a seasonal trend. Today’s “mommy and me” post is fashioned around one of this Fall’s biggest trends: buffalo plaid.
Yes, plaid is always and probably will always be a fall/winter staple (see Target’s plaid collection), but buffalo plaid has been playing an especially big role this year in the plaid department. The good thing about this trend is you can wear as little or as much of it as you’d like!
Remember to always adjust trends to fit your personal style.
Here are some of my favorite ways to wear buffalo plaid:
1. a button down shirt (probably the most common way to wear plaid)
2. a vest layered over black jeans and cream colored cable knit sweater
3. a scarf layered over a black sweater dress or layered over a stripe shirt and distressed denim
4. a sweater dress or shirt dress for a more feminine look
5. a structured jacket over a grey tee and black skinny jeans
6. an oversized coat or kimono
Emma Grace’s favorite ways to wear buffalo plaid:
1. a simple dress with sneakers or uggs
2. a skirt paired with a chambray top
3. leggings with an oversized sweater
4. a button down top with jeans for a classic look
anna: top: madewell | kimono: target (similar, similar) | jeans: gap | shoes: converse | necklace: cc skye via rocksbox | watch: lulus | sunnies: karen walker
emma grace: dress: old navy (similar, similar)| shoes: target (similar)
xx – anna