Happy Monday, loves!! It is officially romper season and I am in love! I am romper obsessed, so get ready to see them quite frequently on the blog. If you missed the adorable gingham romper ($53) I posted last week, you can check it out here. It’s the cutest!
What I love about rompers is that they’re just so dang easy. They immediately make a fashion statement and you don’t even have to do anything. I love, too, that you can always find a romper to fit your personal style. I tend to gravitate toward ruffles and floral prints that give that feminine appeal, but there really is something for everyone AND for every body type.
I remember when rompers first became a big thing a couple of years back and I didn’t think I could pull them off because I’m short. I don’t know why, but I thought they only worked for really tall, really thin women. I was so wrong. Sure, there are some rompers that look best on tall gals, but there are others that work for my short frame. If you’re curious what style would work best for your body type, I created a mini guide below so be sure to keep scrolling!
The Best Romper for Your Body:
- PEAR SHAPE: if you’re bottom heavy, look for rompers that are louder on top to draw one’s eye up and even out your frame. Think rompers with lots of embellishment, a loud print, or a bright color up top. Try this yellow off the shoulder romper, this halter romper, or this one.
- BOY SHAPE: look for a romper that will create the illusion of an hourglass figure – rompers that have ruffles, are peplum, or have a skirt-like bottom are great options! I love this one, this one, and this one.
- HOURGLASS: for a balanced body, stick with rompers that will keep your balanced shape – rompers that are cinched at the waist are a good option. I think this light blue romper is adorable, this one, and this navy one that looks like a wrap dress.
- TOP HEAVY: avoid a high neckline and/or a loud or bulky print up top. Opt for an off the shoulder neckline or vneck to lengthen your body and draw attention away from your bigger bust. This OTS black romper is precious and this star print romper is so fun!
- APPLE: if you’re thicker in the middle, opt for a romper that cinches in the waist wether it’s a tie around the waist or a belt that you add to it. I love this floral romper, this one shoulder romper, and this black romper would look adorable with a bright colored belt.
- SHORT: opt for a solid color and look for cuts that will elongate your figure such as a romper with a low vneck. This one has been on my “want” list for a bit!
romper: asos ($38) | clutch: similar, similar | mules: rebecca minkoff (similar, similar under $90) | sunnies: karen walker | necklace: dana rebecca
photography: fort lion studio