Who else is a major lover of all things fall? Although summer is my favorite season, fall is the runner up. I love so much about fall that it might be too much to list. I love the smell of pumpkin candles, the fresh breeze of your windows being open, and all the cozy vibes of fall decor. I mean, what’s better than a cozy living space?
The past couple of months we have been making some small changes in our living room to make it cozier. We’ve replaced our couch and side tables, and finally found the perfect accent chair. We wanted our living room to reflect our neutral style, but also feel warm and cozy to us and our guests. We also got new curtains (similar here and here from Walmart) to brighten up our living room and let more light in.
We feel incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to work with Walmart to make these fun updates in our living room. As a busy, working mom, I love when I can find one place to find all that we need. We focused on making every detail, big or small, feel intentional. From our leather accent chair to the candles we chose, we wanted each piece to feel authentic and add an aura of comfort to our living room.
Home design is definitely not my specialty, but I’ve been studying different ways to make our main living space warm and cozy. I wanted our living room to feel festive, inviting, and to reflect the style of the other rooms in our home. So, below you will find not only the Walmart pieces we added to our living room, but also some of the tips that guided me along the way.
Tips For Creating a Cozy Living Space:
- ADD WARM COLORS – warm colors will automatically make your space feel warm and cozy. We added warmth to our space via the faux leather accent chair, some natural wood accents like our side table, and neutral throw pillows and blankets.
- SEASONAL ACCENTS – add seasonal accents like seasonal candles to add a cozy feel. We added a couple fall candles to create a warm, fall scent in our living space.
- ADD TEXTURE – an easy way to add texture to your space is via throw pillows. We added several neutral throw pillows like this one and this one to our couch and chairs.
- PILLOWS & THROWS – does anything scream cozy more than something to cuddle up with? Having comfortable pillows and throw blankets is key for a cozy vibe.
- LARGE SCALE PHOTOS – this was a new tip to me, but it makes complete sense. Adding large, familial photos adds an instant authentic and cozy vibe.
- NATURAL, RUSTIC ACCENTS – accents like a wooden side table or a woven basket instantly add warmth.
- PERSONAL TOUCHES – the one thing I think makes rooms feel cozier than anything else, are personal touches. The easiest way to do this is by pictures of your family and/or friends. We dispersed pictures of our family throughout our living room to achieve a warm, cozy vibe.
Items We Added to Make Our Living Space Warm and Cozy:
Additional Fall Inspo:
Taking our cozy living space vibes from the living room to the front porch was the highlight for my girls. I typically don’t decorate a ton for Halloween, but my girls insisted. So, we focused on making our front porch just as cozy and warm! We added hay bales, lanterns, and faux pumpkins to make our porch inviting for guests!
If You Liked This Post, Check Out These:
How To Make Cheap Frames Look Expensive
3 Affordable Fall Tablescapes and Centerpieces
This post was created in collaboration with Walmart. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.