Happy Holidays! Christmas is right around the corner and for our family, that means it’s time visit Santa again at Northpark. This photo was from last year, and we are crossing our fingers that Emma is just as happy (and not terrified) this year. Fun fact: my husband and I sat on this same Santa’s lap when we were little!
Anyway, Emma is old enough this year to be able to participate in some fun activities, so as I was searching for fun holiday events last night I thought I would share what I found with you. Below is a list of Holiday events in the DFW area – some are free, some cost a fee, but all look fun and worthwhile! If I have missed some good ones, I do hope you’ll share with me as I am still very new to all of this with Emma Grace only being 16 months old.
HOLIDAY EVENTS IN DFW
1. Lone Star Christmas at the Gaylord (11/13/14 – 1/3/15) – snow tubing, ice sculptures, millions of lights, & milk and cookies with Mrs. Claus – what more could you ask for?
2. Dallas Arboretum: 12 Days of Christmas (11/16/14-1/4/15) – explore the 12 days of Christmas via beautiful, elaborate Victorian gazebo displays
3. Trinity River: Panther Island Ice (11/21/14 – 1/19/15) – outdoor ice skating rink
4. Northpark Mall: The Trains at Northpark (11/22/14 – 1/4/15) – visit an elaborate trains exhibit hosted by the Bank of Texas
5. Dallas Theater Center: A Christmas Story (11/25/14-12/27/14) – watch with your kids as one of our favorite Christmas stories comes to live!
6. Texas Motor Speedway: Gift of Lights (11/26/14 – 1/1/15) – jump in your car and enjoy this drive-through display of lights
7. Grapevine, TX: North Pole Express (11/28/14 – 12/23/14) – grab your sleigh bells and board the train with your family for a festive ride to the North Pole
8. Dallas Holiday Parade (12/6/14) – watch the 27th annual holiday parade hosted by Children’s Health
9. Majestic Theater Dallas (12/16-21/14) – a theater performance for the whole family!
10. Visit Santa at Northpark Mall, Shops at Willow Bend, and Shops at Legacy
Most information gathered from here.
xo – anna & emma grace