Hey, there! As I’m sure you know the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open for Early Access shoppers and will be open to the public on July 28th. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a sale I’ve covered extensively for the past 5 years.
Over the past few years I’ve shifted my focus away from fast fashion and more toward versatile, sustainable, and affordable fashion. During COVID I started creating monthly capsule wardrobes (see July’s capsule here) and I
fashion is a creative outlet, and expression of your self.
With a shift in my focus on how I portray fashion, I took time to really reflect on how I was going to share the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year. I want to be intentional with the items I share rather than pushing hundreds of items on you to buy each week. Also, this should go without saying, but I’ll say it again. This is just a sale. It is not the end-all-be-all sale. It is not a reason to go into debt or purchase items outside of your spending budget. That being said, I think the NSale is a great time to grab higher price point items at a discounted price, a great time to get Christmas gifts for loved ones, and a great time to grab items for the fall if you’re lacking something.
So, while I personally haven’t purchased anything from the sale yet, I thought I would use today to share with you the items I ALREADY own that are part of the sale. These are items I have had for 1+ years and see value in purchasing them. Below you will find a brief description on why I like each item.
13 Items I Own That Are Part Of The Sale:
- SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS: I have owned my spanx leggings for more than 3 years now and 100% think they’re worth it. They rarely go on sale, so this really is a great time to get a pair. They are crazy flattering and are usually a staple for me in the fall/winter. I think they look super cute with an oversized sweater and booties. I recommend going with your normal size. If you’re on the shorter side, I recommend getting the petite for length reasons.
- MOONLIGHT SHORT PAJAMAS: Y’all, these PJs are so soft. I like the short pajama set because it is pretty warm most of the time in Texas, but there is a longer version too. There is a Target version of these, too, that’s cheaper, but having owned both, the Nordstrom ones wear and wash better. My Target ones are great, but pilled easily and my Nordstrom set hasn’t pilled at all.
- BAREFOOT DREAMS CARDIGAN: Barefoot Dreams makes the absolute softest items. I got this cardigan 2 years ago and have to fight my girls for it. I typically wear it over my PJs, but I usually find it in Abby’s bed because she likes to snuggle with it.
- BAREFOOT DREAMS THROW BLANKET: This was my big purchase from last year and thank God. This is the world’s softest blanket. I have it on my bed and use it every single night. It’s my girls’ favorite blanket to cuddle with, too!
- NORDSTROM PLUSH THROW: This blanket is part of the sale each year and is at such a great price point at $25. This is the blanket I always recommend for gifting!
- BLANK NYC LEATHER JACKET: This is another item that is part of the sale year after year. I have this jacket (minus the hood) in black and wear it constantly in the fall/winter. It’s easy to dress up or down and wears well. I recommend staying with your true size.
- INITIAL PENDANT NECKLACE: I have this necklace and wear it all the time. It’s a great necklace to layer with!
- ZELLA LOW TRAINING SOCKS: Y’all know I don’t deviate from my Thorlo socks when running, but I like wearing these for low impact workouts.
- ZELLA WRAP JACKET: I have a version of this jacket from 3+ years ago and love it. It’s great to layer over your workout clothes in the fall/winter! Stay TTS.
- ZELLA LIVE IN HIGH WAIST LEGGINGS: Oh man, I’ve had these leggings for over 5 years. They are great! They’re super flattering and hold up. I am almost to the point where I need to replace mine, but I have worn the crap out of them! Stay true to size.
- TORY BURCH LEATHER TOTE: I have this bag in a neutral color, but think the black is a great neutral. I use mine to hold my laptop and work stuff during the school year. It’s also a great bag to travel with when you’re flying. It holds up well and will last years!
- BRIXTON STRAW HAT: I currently have 3 Brixton straw hats and it’s taking everything in me not to get another one. They are already at a great price point, but even better when you can get it for $35! They’re super flattering and hold up well, too!
- LE LABO FRAGRANCE SET: Le Labo’s Santal fragrance is what I wear daily and is part of this fragrance set. Le Labo fragrances are not cheap, so this set is a great way to try some of their fragrances, or purchase to divide up and give as gifts!