Hey, there! I’m so glad you’re here!
Back in the day I used to be a wash my face and immediately put on my makeup kind of gal. Over the years I’ve learned to add critical steps into my skincare routine. I’ve learned the value of a good toner, a facial oil, and a quality serum.
The benefits I’ve seen in my own skin from adding serums to my skincare regimen has been truly skin-changing. My skin has gotten tighter, my wrinkles have become less visible, and my skin pigmentation has evened out (hello, melasma).
But, if you’re like me and you’ve never used a facial serum or don’t even know what is it or why you should use it, you’ve come to the right place!
What Is A Serum And Why You Should Use One:
- What is a serum? Healthline defines serums as ” lightweight products that contain a high concentration of active ingredients. They absorb quickly into your skin, making them an excellent next step after cleansing.”
- When should you apply a serum? morning and night after toner and eye cream
- Can you use more than one? The recommended amount of serums to us at once is 1-2 serums (max 3). If you do have more than 2 serums that you like, you can simply alternate when you use them – use 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. The reason only 1-2 serums is recommended is because a serum’s effectiveness decreases with the more serums you layer.
- How do you properly apply serum? The best method is to apply your serum right after your toner. Apply one serum at a time; leave time in between each application to let each serum soak into your skin.
- Which serum do you apply first? You should start with your thinest serum first. If your serums the same consistency, use the one that addresses your primary skin concern first. Once your first serum has absorbed and, move to the next one. For me, I start with DIME TBT serum because it’s thinner than the FRÉ vitamin C serum I love.
- Should I rub or pat my serum on? It is recommended to pat on your serum as patting is gentler and minimizes the chances of pulling/dragging your skin.
my go-to serums:
- DIME TBT Serum: this serum not only works to tighten your skin, but it decreases the apperance of fine lines and wrinkles, too. This serum works to chemically exfoliate your skin so you don’t have to. You can use code: “AnnaC20” for 20% off.
- FRÉ C Me Serum: Ever since having Abby in 2015 I’ve struggled with melasma. I am constantly getting dark sports under my eyes and on my forehead, which means I’m constantly working to even out my skin tone. Vitamin C helps to reduce dark spots and even out your skin tone. I like this particular one because it goes on so smoothly and absorbs well. If you give it a try, use code: “fleurdille” for 20% off!