Happy Monday, guys! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Ours was filled with a day trip to Waco for a Baylor graduation, backyard cocktails with my family, and the opportunity to celebrate Mother’s Day with both my mom and Trav’s mom. It was truly a sweet weekend of celebration!
With the start of a new week, I wanted to introduce you to a brand that is new to me – CeCe. When I found this pink shift dress I fell in love with the way it was cut, the way it fit, and the quality of the material. I hadn’t heard of CeCe before, so I started to do a little searching and was pleasantly surprised! CeCe makes the most darling dresses from casual options like this stripe shift dress to more formal dresses like this floral cold shoulder dress that would be perfect for a wedding! If you’re a gingham lover you’ll love this blue gingham shirt dress!
Shift dresses can be tricky though. Being 5’2″ I feel that I often run into shift dresses that end up looking like a giant sack on me instead of a trendy dress. So over time I’ve found that there are certain things you need to look for in a shift dress that make them flattering on your body and make you feel more confident no matter your height!
6 Tips for Wearing a Shift Dress:
- Make sure your dress isn’t too short. – nobody wants to see your bum, so look for a dress that hits around mid-thigh. This will help to keep your figure looking long and lean.
- Look for a dress that is slightly tailored. – This one for example is slightly tailored on the bust and ever-so-slightly tailored at the waist. This gives your shift a tad bit of form.
- Look for big details. – A big bow, a fun print, or a bright color all help attract the right kind of attention to your dress instead of it looking like a plain brown sack.
- Wear low heels. – For the most part I think block heels or flats look amazing with a shift dress. The reason I opt for lower heels or flats is so that it doesn’t end up looking like a barrel on stilts. It helps you look more proportional.
- Add statement jewelry. – If you are wearing a solid color shift, pair a bold statement necklace over it to bring the eyes up and away from the boxy shape.
- Wear it with pants or leggings. – This is for my tall girls. If you’re tall and thinking I could never pull this off because my legs are too long, then put a pair of black leggings or skinny jeans on underneath.
photography: fort lion studio
Okay, so I’m not sure what it looks like at your house when you’re about to have house guests, but over here at the Cobbs casa it’s like a cleaning machine. All toys have to be picked up, beds made, rooms cleaned, bathrooms cleaned, towels washed, etc. so that when our guests come it’s spotless, relaxing and inviting. While I feel like I have that part down, I stink at the next part – keeping the house clean while our guests our here.
So we hosted a Mother’s Day brunch for my mom with my siblings this past Sunday and then my mom is going to be staying the whole week with us. The problem is once people come in I get so distracted by talking that it seems like somehow all the toys get thrown around the room, my sandals are laying everywhere, everybody’s purse is out. It’s just crazy! So, before I did a little research on this topic for a blog post, I thought I would ask you guys if you had any tips on how to keep your house clean and tidy while entertaining house guests for an extended period of time. So, if you have any good tips please leave them below! 🙂