Summer is just weeks away for our family and we can’t wait! We are already counting down the days until we can go to the pool!
We’re also counting down the days until our beach trip to Mexico in June. We’ve never taken the girls to Mexico before, so we are even more excited than normal. As we gear up for our trip, I’ve started to make packing lists for each of us to make sure we have what we need. I’ve been focusing on swimsuits, sandals, and coverups for me and the girls first.
It should come as no surprise to you that I like – if possible – for my coverups to be as versatile as possible. I like to be able to wear them over my suit or with jean shorts. The only exception to this is that I do love a good sarong. Sarongs are just easy to throw on and are flattering on all body types; And, you can typically find them at a great price!
9 Fun, Versatile Swim Coverups For Summer:
- Free People Kimono (color – Warm Sand Combo): I got this kimono in this color last April to wear as a coverup when Travis and I went to Mexico. I absolutely loved it as a coverup, but ended up wearing it a lot with shorts and a tank, too.
- Free People Kimono (color – Amethyst Combo): Because I loved the coverup above so much last summer, I ended up ordering it in this beige color, too. I’m so glad I did and plan on wearing it just as much as I wore the one above last summer.
- Sheer Beach Wrap Skirt: This skirt is so pretty and comes in different colors and prints. I love that it elongates your figure and it’s easy to put on and style.
- White Gauze Maxi Skirt: This skirt is part of the May Capsule Wardrobe and one of my most worn spring skirts. It is so cute with a fun top like this one, but makes a great coverup, too!
- Free People Duster Kimono: I rented this kimono via Nuuly this past month and wore it as a kimono with denim shorts and a bodysuit. I got so many compliments on it though that I bought it and plan on wearing it as a swim coverup, too!
- Black Chiffon Wrap Skirt: This wrap skirt comes in a set of two (one white and one black). I love how easy this skirt it and it goes with any suit. There’s also a longer version, too!
- Floral Sirong Coverup: I love wearing wrap skirts as coverups and this floral one is feminine and fun!
- White Chiffon Tassel Coverup: I love coverups like these for days that I go to the pool with my girls. It provides a bit more coverage and is also so easy to put on and wear.
- Crochet Skirt: This skirt is a great Amazon find. It’s sexy and fits true to size.