click an image below to shop
Hello, loves! Happy Monday and welcome to my blog! Fall is in full swing – even for us Texans, and wardrobes should be flipped. Well, I may not have completely flipped our closets yet, but it’s a work in progress! With closet flipping comes the introduction of new fashion trends for the season. Typically when I think of the ideal fall outfit, I think of jeans and a sweater. With all the fun skirt trends though, I’m starting to change my mind.
Fall/Winter Skirt Trends:
- jean skirt – I am totally into this trend. I hadn’t worn a jean skirt since college, but fully embraced this trend over the summer. I love seeing that it’s making it’s way into fall and winter, too. They’re a great alternative to jeans and look so precious with booties and a sweater. I especially love the button front jean skirts.
- suede skirts – I am all about this skirt trend. Suede jackets are one of my favorite fall staples, and I am so happy to see suede has made it’s way to skirts. The great thing about suede skirts, like the one in today’s post, is that they can easily be dressed up for work or dressed down for dinner with friends. They look great with almost any shoe, and they’re super comfortable!
- leather skirts – I’m going to be honest here. I used to think leather skirts could only be pulled off by 21 year olds with fabulous bodies. That is, until last year when I got my first midi leather wrap skirt. It opened my eyes to the different types of leather skirts out there. You can make a statement without having to compromise your comfort level. This leather skirt for example, is the perfect combination of feminine and edgy, and works for any age group!
- midi skirts –midi skirts are big again and they’re taking all forms – jean, pencil, and pleated. Style them for work or for play!
- corduroy skirts – I’ve never been a big corduroy gal, but corduroy skirts are in style nonetheless. They really do look precious paired with a form-fitting or oversized sweater and sneaks.
- plaid skirts – gah, give me all the plaid. Plaid is alive and well this year and we’re seeing it on everything. This is my favorite plaid blazer, and I am uber pumped to try out a plaid skirt.
- animal print skirts – animal print has long been a staple for bags and jackets during the fall and winter. This year though, we’re seeing animal print make its way to skirts. Excited to give this trend a try!
top: loft (similar) | skirt: loft (similar) | shoes: sam edelman, similar under $25 | deo: kopari | bag: similar, similar | sunnies: karen walker
photography: fort lion studio