This post is dedicated to my best friend, Sarah. She is the world’s biggest dog lover and would adopt Mia out from under me if she could.
Happy Thursday!! We’re almost through the work week!! I’ve spent the last couple of days perfecting my birthday wish list and getting everyone’s Christmas lists made to send out. In addition to posting a Holiday Gift Guide every Tuesday and Thursday here on Fleurdille, you can always shop my full gift guides on the “HOLIDAY” shopping tab on the top of my blog. This tab will include items that don’t quite make it into a post. The items I choose for my post are my top items for that specific category. But, there will be much, much more to choose from under the “HOLIDAY” tab! So, be sure to check it out – all categories should be posted by Black Friday!
Let’s get to today’s gift guide – the best gift guide for our dog lover friends! I have several dog lovers in my life, so I’ve been trying to get creative on the type of gift I give them. I’ve found that Mudpie and Mark and Graham have really cute and affordable gift options for both the dog and the dog lover. My favorite gift ideas are listed below, but you could always play it safe and gift a cute frame with a picture of your dog lover and her baby (dog). Another classic gift idea would be an ornament. I also though this leather pouch was such a cute way to carry the “business” bag for the dog.
gift guide for the dog lover:
- Doggie Ornament: if you’re looking for a budget-friendly gift option, go for an ornament. The one I linked here has lots of different dog breed options. If you’re giving this gift to someone at Christmas time, I would tie it to the ribbon of the Christmas present as decoration and a gift!
- Book ends: Dog toys don’t all have to be cheesy. These book ends would look so great in someone’s library or on a living room shelf. They’re classy and chic!
- pillow: festive Christmas pillows with dogs are just so dang cute, right? I love this lumbar pillow (under $30) and think it would be the perfect addition to anyone’s Christmas decor. It’s also one of those presents that someone may not buy for themselves, but would love to get!
- Leash holder: I about died when I saw this leash holder. I mean, how cute is it? I love that it’s on the smaller side, too, so it could easily hang near a front or back door.
- Dog toys: If you’re getting a present for the dog lover, you gotta get a present for the dog, too! These La Croix and Starbucks plush toys are too cute to pass up! Sure they might get shredded instantly, but your dog deserves quality beverages just like you!
- Humorous pillow: this pillow cracked me up! I don’t know where I would put it in my house, but its too funny to pass up. I feel like pillows like this make such great conversation pieces when you have friends over.
- Apparel: Because every dog mom needs a dog mom shirt. This sweatshirt looks so cozy. I envision the dog mom in your life opening this present on Christmas morning and then lounging in it the rest of the day.
- Home decor: Cute little dog signs and sayings are great gifts for a dog lover. They’re easy to display and aren’t too obtrusive. This one is simple and funny and would go with most decor styles.
- Food storage: I think this is a great option for a dog lover! It’s another one of those items that a person may not want to spend money on, but would love to have it. We keep our dog food in a plastic jar that’s hidden away from site, but if it was in plain site, I would love something like this.
- Door mat: I mean, I think all dog lovers need this mat. Again, another great gift that someone might not want to spend money on, but would definitely enjoy!
- Leather collar: Dogs go through collars so quickly so I can almost assure that the dog lover in your life could use a new collar for their dog! These leather collars from Mark & Graham are a great option and come in several colors, too!
- Food bowls: If you’re looking to splurge on the dog lover in your life, these wooden dog bowls would make a great gift! They come in two sizes and are very well made. They are classy and would look great in any kitchen or mud room!