Praise the Lord for summer days, right?! The days where you don’t have to think about your outfit because throwing on a simple cotton dress is all you need. The days where we trade in our heels and mules for strappy sandals and flip flops. The days where we ditch out wardrobes full of layers and dark colors for a summer wardrobe full of bright whites and airy fabrics.
The summer season is my absolute favorite season to dress for and creating a summer wardrobe can be so fun! I don’t know if I like summer wardrobes because they seems so effortlessly versatile or because you seem to need fewer pieces to work with. Either way, creating a chic summer wardrobe is fun and can be affordable too!
Chic Summer Wardrobe:
What To Include In a Summer Wardrobe:
Deciding what items to include in a summer wardrobe can seem daunting at first. Here’s my advice though: don’t overthink it. Focus on a few pieces that you can wear with multiple items and in multiple settings. For example, in the list below I included a straw hat because it can serve so many purposes. You can wear a straw hat with your favorite dress on date night or with a pair of denim shorts as you run errands. You can wear a straw hat to protect your skin from the sun at the pool or you can wear it on the way to the airport as you prepare to fly to Mexico for vacation. Choose staple pieces you can wear all summer long!
- A pair of neutral sandals
- A straw hat
- A breezy dress
- A straw bag or clutch
- A pair of denim shorts
- A neutral top
- A classic black bathing suit
Affordable Ways to Create a Chic Summer Wardrobe:
- Shop Your Closet – how often do we forget to shop our own closets? At the beginning of the summer I was so convinced I needed a neutral straw hat. Then, after flipping my closets from winter to summer I realized I got an awesome straw Brixton hat last summer that still works perfectly this summer! So, don’t forget to look for summer staples in your own closet!
- Shop Consignment – Once you realize which pieces you need for your summer wardrobe, don’t go right for the department store. Instead, look to consignment to find those quality pieces for a heck-of-a-lot less! I found so many great pieces this week (see below) that I’m including in my summer wardrobe and I barely spent anything!
- Invest in Versatile Pieces – Y’all are probably so sick of hearing me talk about versatility, but it’s one of the easiest ways to make your wardrobe (and your dollar) stretch! It’s one of the reasons I love neutrals so much. Buy pieces like a pair of black sandals, that can be styled with more than one outfit.
What I found at Clotheshorse Anonymous:
You guys know how much I love shopping consignment and specifically at Clotheshorse Anonymous. Shopping consignment can seem daunting to some, but I want to show you how easy it can be. I want to show you the gold you can find with such little effort! So, each month I’m going to share items that I find at Clotheshorse Anonymous in hopes to inspire you to shop consignment. And if you live in the Dallas area, I highly recommend checking out Clotheshorse Anonymous because they are truly the best consignment store in Dallas and get new items daily! See below for the items I found in June:
- Mi Golindrina Top – retails for over $250, purchased for under $45
- Brixton Hat – retails for over $50, purchased last year for under $40
- Kotur rafia bag – retails for over $500, purchased for $75
- Free People Tunic- retails anywhere from $60-$100+, purchased for under $45
- Lover & Friends Bikini Top – retails for around $80-$100, purchased for under $25
This post was created in collaboration with Clotheshorse Anonymous. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: