Happy Friday, y’all!!! Are any of you sale shoppers? One of the many great things I learned from my mom was how to sale shop. A lot of times that involves me waiting for items in my cart to go on sale or for the store to have a major sale. But, that doesn’t always work out when you’re wanting designer items. Some of those higher price point items just don’t go on sale that often.
I’ve found that the best way to get great quality, designer items is to get them via consignment shopping. I’m sure you’re all familiar with what consignment shopping is, but for that one person that may not be, let me explain. A consignment store is a store that carries new or gently new items once owned by someone else that are sold at a majorly discounted price for you to buy!
One of my favorite consignment stores here in Dallas is Clotheshorse Anonymous. They’re located at Preston and Forest for those of you that live in Dallas, and for those of you that don’t live here, they have an online store front too! What I like about Clotheshorse Anonymous is that they get new items daily, their prices are wonderful, their store is extremely organized, their dressing area is large, and their items are in pristine condition and always on trend.
If you’ve never shopped consignment before though, it can be daunting. The good news is that Clotheshorse Anonymous’s store is so organized that it’s super easy to look for specific items. I also have a couple of tips that seem to make it a bit easier for me and I hope they’ll be helpful to you, too!!
5 tips for shopping consignment:
- Know your budget – this is actually essential because I’m telling you, you’ll find so much more than you walked in for and you’ll end up spending way more than you planned on.
- Know what’s on trend – this is a big one. I typically keep a running list on my phone of the current trends. If you’re aware of what’s on trend then it’s easy to spot those items that would be perfect for the season. For example, when I was looking for the [Michael Kors] dress in today’s post not only did I love it instantly, but I knew it would work for this Spring because of the following trends – lace, lace-up neckline, and bell sleeves.
- Make a list of what you want – to keep yourself from getting overwhelmed or sidetracked, make a list of the specific items you’re looking for.
- Ask for help – the women and men that work there are very knowledgeable about their inventory and are a great resource if you’re looking for a specific product.
- Stick to the basics – if you’re nervous…Buying trending pieces at a consignment store can be hard, but you can never go wrong with basics – good jeans, designer bags, designer pumps, etc.
PS – Any Baylor fans out there??! We’ve got a big game tonight!!! Sic’em Bears!!
This post was created in collaboration with Clotheshorse Anonymous. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.