Happy Holidays, sweet friends! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! We took a tiny break from social media and enjoyed a day (phone-less) with our entire family. I think Christmases get better each year as the girls get more and more into Santa and all the wonder that comes with it. I also loved this year especially as Emma Grace is really starting to understand the true meaning of Christmas – Christ’s birth. Emma Grace and her cousins even baked Jesus a birthday cake yesterday in their toy room. So sweet!
My hubby, MIL, and I were talking about how fun it is to learn new traditions when you get married. Sure, finding a balance between both families as well as your own can be challenging, but for the most part Travis and I have really enjoyed it. We almost get the best of both worlds we feel like as far as the type of Christmas celebration goes. When we’re with my in-laws, we have a big Christmas celebration with the whole extended family. It’s full of decades long traditions, lots of food, and fun games. Then every other year when we’re with my family it’s almost the complete opposite. With my family we spend the whole day just with our little family and usually we’re in our PJs all day.
One of the traditions my family started awhile back was shopping the after Christmas sales. I’m pretty sure it started when I was in college and entered into that “I just want money” for Christmas stage. At first it felt a little odd asking for money for some of our gift, but when we saw how fun after Christmas sale shopping could be, we all loved it! It was so fun to hop on the train the day after Christmas and head down to Michigan Avenue for a day full of shopping. The Christmas decorations are still up so it still feels magical, and the sales are always incredible!
We’re in Texas this year, so we won’t be shopping the after Christmas sales on Michigan Avenue, but there are quite a few bargains to be had online. If you’ve never shopped after Christmas sales, I should probably catch you up on some of the things to be on the lookout for. We’ve found that the best items to shop for during after Christmas sales are:
- Christmas home decor
- Anything Christmas – wrapping paper, ornaments, lights, etc. (stock up for the following year)
- Seasonal Items
- Winter Merchandise – boots, jackets, coats, etc.
- Upcoming events – shop for upcoming birthdays, Valentine’s Day, etc.
- Red items – Valentine’s Day is typically red and pink, so we stock up on generic red items for Vday
Alrighty, how many of you will be shopping the after Christmas sales from the comfort of your robe? If you are, I’ve rounded up some of the best sales taking place below:
BEST AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES
- ANN TAYLOR – 40% off regular items + extra 70% off sale items
- ABERCROMBIE – 40% – 60% off the entire store
- ANTHROPOLOGIE – extra 30% off sale items
- BANANA REPUBLIC – 40% off regular items + extra 60% off sale items
- DSW – clearance event: up to 70% off!
- JCREW – extra 30% off final sales
- JCREW FACTORY – extra 60% off clearance
- LOFT – 50% off everything
- LOU & GREY – extra 50% off sale items
- NORDSTROM – the half-yearly sale started and items are up to 50% off!
- SHOPBOP – up to 70% off + additional 25% off sale items!