Hey, there! I’m so glad you’re here!
Last week I shared our master bedroom design inspiration and this week we’re sharing our inspiration for our new living room.
When we started thinking about what we wanted our living room to look like, we really tried to focus on two things. First and foremost, we want our living room to be comfortable. We want to be able to live in it; to sit in the chairs and on the couch and truly be comfortable. Second, we wanted our living room to match our aesthetic.
Our living room will be one of the main rooms in our new home that will require new furniture. In our current home, we have such a small living room that we bought furniture to fit the smaller space. In our new home, we’ll have more space, which means we’ll need furniture that fits it.
The one thing we wanted to base the whole room around was our couch. For so long we’ve lived with a small couch for space reasons, so we’re all dying to have a sectional that we can all stretch out on. From there we added in some black accents and wood accents.
The leather chair pictured above is one we currently have and love and so we wanted to make it work in the new space, too. To pull the color of the chair in, I tried to match that warmth with the media console table. I’m not married to the console table, but it’s a start!
The one thing I’ve struggled to nail down is a rug! The rug is always the hardest part for me. So, stay tuned! Or, if you have any suggestions, send them my way!
Neutral Living Room Design:
- HAVEN 2-PIECE CHAISE SECTIONAL – Knowing I wanted a neutral sectional, I wanted to make sure it would be easy to clean. I read countless reviews and blog posts about this specific couch and what a great family couch it is. It’s easy to clean and incredibly comfortable.
- ROUND ACCENT TABLE – Our entryway will have a black cabinet and mirror so I wanted to pull in a couple black accents. I love the shape of this table and think it would look great as a side table for the couch.
- SOLID WOOD COFFEE TABLE – I have been eyeing this coffee table for almost a year and am hoping it will work in our new space!
- TRANSITIONAL MEDIA CONSOLE – I found this media console at Target of all places. I love that it provides ample storage and the ability to hide all the media-related items you don’t want on display.
- UPHOLSTERED ACCENT CHAIR – Another Target find! I’m not quite sure if this chair will work, but I absolutely love the shape of this chair.
- ACCENT CHAIR – we’ve had this Walmart chair for over a year and have been shocked by how comfortable it is and how well it’s held up!
- FLOOR LAMP – another black accent and I intend to set it next to our leather chair.