During this extended stay at home, we’ve been attacking home projects right and left. Nothing major, but just some minor updates and facelifts that make our home feel more like home. I’ve also had time to really hone in on the pieces I want in my wardrobe. If I’m being honest, I used to feel the pressure to share X number of new items per day, but that’s just not realistic for me and doesn’t speak to my lifestyle. When I find something good, I like to wear it more than once and more than one way.
So, during quarantine I’ve been really narrowing down my closet to some key pieces that I can wear all throughout the summer. I’ll be sharing them soon when I launch my June Capsule Wardrobe. So stay tuned!
In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of the items I’ve purchased lately that we’ve been really happy with. I’m a mega sale shopper so we got almost everything on sale in addition to most of the pieces being affordable already. As you go through my purchases, let me know what your favorite purchases have been lately!
- dining table – this table. We’ve had a love/hate relationship – mostly love! I got this table on major sale in March and after 3 damaged ones were delivered, I finally got to do curbside pickup and we got one! We love the way it fits in our dining room!
- macrame table runner – I may or may not have picked out this runner before we even got the table. I love the boho summer feel of it and the neutral color. It also adds texture and demention.
- sweat shorts – I have never felt a softer pair of sweatpants or a sweatshirt and then they came out with sweat shorts. Perfect for all these work from home days!
- high neck tank – high neck tanks and square neck tanks are very on trend for summer and this high neck tank is both affordable and flattering. The material is thick enough that it’s not see through and it’s so comfy too! Sizing: size down one.
- target sweatpants – these have been one of the most purchased items during quarantine and it’s easy to see why – they’re so dang soft! You’ll want to sleep, eat, drink, do all the things in them!
- target lounge shorts – these shorts? Just as soft as the sweatpants above. Another great work-from-home loungewear piece.
- sweatshirts – I know temperatures outside are heating up, but I am always freezing in our house. I have been living in this thin sweatshirt (another most purchased item), this cropped sweatshirt, and now my new favorite “lake weekend” sweatshirt.
FITNESS & WELLNESS:
- amazon crop tee – daily walks have become such an important part of my morning routine, so I’ve been upping my activewear game. I got this $11 crop tee in black several months back and it’s held up so well I got it in white, too!
- skort – it may be dorky, but I’m a big skort fan. My mom gifted me this one and I’ve loved it so much I tried to find another one but at a fraction of the cost. I ended up getting this white skort for only $19 and love it! It’s great quality and feels so good on!
- black tank – temps are warming up so I got this tank and love it! The mesh on the back is super cute and let’s you show off your sports bra.
- CALM magnesium supplement powder – I was gifted this CALM magnesium powder several weeks ago and was a bit skeptical. I know magnesium aids in relaxation, but it seemed too good to be true. Well, after a week of drinking a glass at night before I go to bed, I’m sold! It doesn’t make you pass out or anything, but it definitely calms your body.
- prayer journal – although I’ve been meditating and having quiet time, I feel like I’ve really been lacking in my prayer life. So, I ordered this prayer journal that has really helped me be more intentional about my prayers and more consistent.
- agolde jean shorts – can’t stop won’t stop. These shorts are most definitely pricier than what I typically spend, but they are splurge-worthy! I love this pair so much I just ordered another pair in black. They’re so comfortable and get softer with each wear.
- one piece swim suits – lake days are ahead of us and I’ve grabbed a few new suits for the summer (on sale of course!). This square neck one piece from LOFT is incredibly flattering and comfortable (fits TTS). I also love this one from Abercrombie of all places – TTS and has a sexier feel!
- maxi dresses – one of my favorite things to wear in the summer are maxi dresses. A few of my recent favorites are this black one from H&M and this blush pink one from Amazon.
- crossbody bag – this bag (it’s been on sale for weeks) is my go-to summer bag right now. It fits my iPhone plus, my wallet, lipsticks, and a bit more! It comes in 4 color combos, too!
- sandals – I like to have a few pairs of sandals that I rotate throughout the summer and I dub this pair my “brown” pair. They’re so cute and very comfortable!
- brixton hat – I wore a brixton straw hat all last summer and could not have loved it more. It held up so well and I love the look of it. I just ordered this one with a black band and know I”ll be wearing it all summer.
HAIR & BEAUTY:
- dry conditioner – dry conditioner is a product we use on the girls hair all the time. It’s great for the nights you skip bath time. You simply spray it into their hair and brush it out. It refreshes it and makes it smell so good. We’ve love the Amika Dry Conditioner, but it’s a bit pricey so we found an affordable option! This dry conditioner is only $9 and works just as well! It smells good, too!
- the ordinary caffeine drops – puffy eyes have been ruling my life lately due to allergies. A follower recommended these drops to me and they work so dang well! I put it on in the morning and night and it’s truly kept my eyes from being puffy everyday!
- inflatable pool – this $24 inflatable pool has given my girls hours of endless playtime!
- H&M dresses – we live in H&M dresses in the summer. They’re crazy affordable and wash well. We just grabbed this one ($5) and this one ($5) for playtime and this one for church (once we get to go back).
- Zingo! – this game is so fun! It’s an interactive take on Bingo that helps kids learn to match pictures and read words!