Happy Thursday, friends! Today’s blog post is all about Fall’s biggest trend for bottoms – wide leg pants. Trends like this one tend to give me pause. I don’t know if it’s because I envision the whole JNCOs trend when I think of wide leg pants or if it’s because I’m so short. I always get a bit nervous that my height will give me trouble with this type of trend. Then I go back to one of my personal fashion mottos – adjust trends to fit your personal style.
I really do love this wide leg pants trend, but refused to give it a go until I could find a way to make it “me.” With regard to pants, I am a skinny jeans girl through and through. Well, except for this one look from this past Spring. I wanted to give this wide leg pants thing a try though because it is super fun!
When I found these wide leg pants from Revolve I couldn’t resist. I love the thin fabric, the blush color, and the way they move when you walk. I wanted to go full-on feminine for this look so I paired it with this Gianni Bini top I got on sale. The big bow tie is just awesome, right? Then I added some of my highest heels to give me length, and I was good to go!
If your style is not quite as feminine, here are some ideas for how you can style wide leg pants:
WAYS TO WEAR WIDE LEGS:
- Monochrome look – for a more polished look wear all one color; this will also help elongate your figure. Try this pair of pants and a blouse.
- With a blazer – blazers, especially plaid blazers, are big this fall, so pair your wide leg pants with a form-fitting blazer for a trendy look!
- Bright color – Go bold and wear a bright color! This wine color would be a great option for work. This blue pair and this yellow pair are so fun!
- With a tee – if you have a more casual style, buy pants that can be worn with flats or booties and pair them with a graphic tee. I think this tee would look awesome with these black wide leg pants and a comfy pair of flats.
- Bold print – opt for a bold print on your wide leg pants to make an even bigger statement! I am loving this striped pair from Topshop and this floral pair. Okay, these are awesome too!
photography: fort lion studio