Oh hey there! It’s Friyay and I am kicking my heels up in celebration! Anyone else as excited as I am for the weekend? Travis is off to Great Wolf Lodge for an Adventure Princess “campout,” and I’m off to OKC with Abby to visit my cousin and bestie! Also, it’s high carb day in my nutrition plan, which means I will most definitely be drinking vino tonight!
I know it seems crazy to start talking about transitioning into spring, but it’s about that time, especially here in Texas. Just as summer transitions to fall, the winter transition to spring is one of my favorite seasons to dress for. These transitional periods lend to so many outfit options! One of the greatest accessories to have on hand is booties.
I bet by now half of you are pumped to keep reading and half of you are thinking “I can’t pull off booties.” Oh but you can, my friend! If you’re intentional about the type of bootie you buy and the way you style it, you can most definitely pull off booties and feel confident doing so!
how to style ankle booties:
- pair with dress – my favorite way to style booties is with a dress! It’s such a fun transitional look and is one of the most flattering ways to wear booties in my opinion.
- wide fit – if you’re worried that your ankles aren’t small enough for booties, then girl, you’re talking crazy talk! Just opt for a bootie that doesn’t hug your ankle. A wider ankle – like the booties in today’s post – will automatically make your ankles look smaller.
- skinny jeans – the easiest way to pull of booties is with skinny jeans. Ideally, you want the leg of your denim to be skinnier than the width of your bootie. This will make your ankles and therefore your legs look smaller and more slender.
- tights & a skirt – another great way to wear booties is by wearing them with tights and a skirt. The silhouette of a looser skirt and ankle booties will make your legs look that much slimmer with tights, especially if they’re black.
- faux leather leggings – I mean of course I had to include this option. If you’re late to the game, these faux leather leggings work wonders for your body. They are slimming and incredibly comfortable. They work great when paired with ankle booties for two reasons. First, they are tight to your skin and therefore slimming. Secondly, they are black so it helps to give you a slimmer, more streamlined silhouette.
For more posts on transitioning to spring, check out “How to Transition Your Sweater from Winter to Spring” and “A Chic Spring Look for Every Woman.”
This post was created in collaboration with Chicwish. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille