It is no secret that our family loves staycations. It’s such a good way for us to reset, get away from the hustle and bustle for a bit, and to explore our city. So, you can imagine how excited we were to have the opportunity to work with Marriott Dallas Uptown. The hotel is relatively new to Dallas and had been on our list to check out. Our staycation ended up being a great way to end our Spring Break and celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary.
I know so many of you also like to take staycations, so I thought I’d share our itinerary with you all and some of the things we loved about the hotel.
what we liked about the hotel:
- the staff is very accommodating – right from the onset the staff was incredibly kind and accommodating. We could tell they go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. One example I have is that the girls wanted some smoothies for brunch Saturday. Despite smoothies not being on their menu, they talked to the chef and he made some of them anyway! It was not necessary by any means, but so kind!
- thoughtful design throughout the hotel – in addition to the hotel being very aesthetically pleasing, you can tell they really thought through a lot of detials. For example, there are plugs everywhere – on each table, and anywhere you might want to charge a phone. Everything was spaced well, too, which prevents guests from feeling crowded. The floor to ceiling windows leave the lobby feeling light, bright, and welcoming.
- something for everyone – sometimes you can tell if a hotel is geared more toward adults or families, but this one fit the bill for both. There were plenty of adults-only groups, but multiple families, too.
- prime location – you can’t beat the location! It’s walkable to McKinney Avenue and blocks away from the Katy Trail.
- coffee shop – sometimes the coffee in the room just doesn’t quite do it. We loved that they had a coffee bar downstairs that we could easily access.
- quality restaurant on site – Good Graces is a well-reviewed restaurant and it’s right in their lobby. The service was wonderful and the food was great!
- heated pool – I’ve never given much thought to heated pools at hotels, but it was amazing! It made our stay so enjoyable and a heated pool is extra entertainment if you have kids, too!
- good bathroom lighting – this may seem silly, but hotel bathrooms sometimes have such dim lighting. I loved how bright their bathroom lights were!
- check-in at 3 – the girls and I checked into the hotel mid-afternoon and were greeted with the biggest smiles. Our immediate first impression was that the lobby/bar area is light, bright, and beautiful! The girls couldn’t stop talking about the giant chandelier – it’s truly a sight!
- played poolside – as we waited for Travis to join us, we explored the hotel and then headed out to the pool deck. Their pool area was very well designed. It had the cutest outdoor seating areas, a ping pong table, bean bag toss, and bonus – the pool is heated! Sadly, I forgot the girls’ suits, so we opted to play a board game together outside.
- happy hour and board games at Good Graces bar – once Travis arrived we headed down to the lobby to order the girls Shirley Temples (our staycation tradition) and play Rack-O. The lobby bar area has great seating options and feels very roomy. There were several wedding parties at the hotel and the girls loved looking at all the pretty dresses.
- room service dinner and movie night – the girls opted to dine-in instead of eating out, so we ordered room service for dinner and watched movies. The room service menu is very similar to the Good Graces bar menu, and we found the food delicious!
- coffee at Vicinity Coffee – before heading out on a walk, we stopped in Vicinity Coffee (located right near the lobby). Trav and I got coffee and tea and the girls grabbed some croissants.
- walked to Katy Trail – Katy Trail is one of the the prettiest trails in Uptown and only a couple of blocks from the hotel. We took our coffee and took a leisurely stroll on the trail. The great thing about Katy Trail if you’re new to Dallas is that there are so many restaurants along it. It’s a great way to find a good brunch spot!
- brunch at Good Graces – after our walk we were a bit hungry, so we stopped in Good Graces (the hotel’s amazing restaurant) for some smoothies and avocado toast. We loved it all!
- dropped the girls –
- pool time with Travis – good mix of adults and kids
- dinner at Good Graces – Trav loved burger, ahi tuna, truffle fries are a must, whole team was so accommodating
- drinks with friends at The Henry – after a fabulous dinner, we took a quick Uber ride to The Henry for some drinks with friends. We loved how close the hotel was – it made it so easy to go out and enjoy Dallas!
- coffee in bed and a late check out – we took advantage of a morning sans kids and spent the whole morning being lazy and watching TV.
This post was created through a collaboration with Marriott Dallas Uptown. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those brands that support Fleurdille.