Can you believe Christmas is less than 10 days away? We’ve been anticipating it for so long that now we can hardly believe it’s almost here! Our girls are out of school this Friday, so I’m lining up all the possible holiday events we could do in Dallas. We’re planning on seeing the 12 Days of Christmas at the Dallas Arboretum, looking at neighborhood Christmas lights, and participating in the Sheraton Scavenger Hunt while we explore downtown holiday decorations.
I started researching family friendly holiday events and thought I’d share what I found in case you too were looking for some extra holiday cheer. I divided the Dallas-area holiday events below into free events and events with a fee. I hope this makes it easy for you to find something fun and festive to do with your kids!
Family Friendly Holiday Events in Dallas:
FREE Holiday Events:
- Sheraton Scavenger Hunt – who doesn’t love exploring their city during the holidays? Make it extra fun this year by participating in the Holiday Selfie Scavenger Hunt hosted by the Sheraton Hotel. It’s so fun and so easy! You simply choose 4 holiday activities from their list, take a selfie at each activity and tag the hotel (@sheratondallashotel) on Instagram. Then let the hotel know you complete the scavenger hunt and your kids will get a special present from Santa!
- Neighborhood Lights – one of the easiest and oldest traditions for so many of us during the holidays is to simply drive around and look at the neighborhood Christmas lights. Make a fun place list, put some hot cocoa in a to-go mug, and enjoy!
- Vitruvian Lights in Addison (11/26-1/2) – Vitruvian Park transforms into a magical wonderland of lights during the holidays. It’s a short ride to Addison and your kids will be in awe as you walk around and look at all the lights.
Holiday Events with a FEE:
- Zoo Lights (select night – 11/19-1/2) – drive through the zoo and observe over 1 million lights, 3D lighted sculptures and more! PRICE: $50/car for members and $65/car for nonmembers.
- 12 Days of Christmas at the Dallas Arboretum (11/10 – 12/31) – stroll through the garden and observe the 25 foot gazebos, each featuring one of the 12 days of Christmas. PRICE: $17/adult, $12/child.
- Snow Day – an immersive holiday adventure for people of all ages including a mirror maze of lights, an Elven alley, and so many other incredible photo opportunities! PRICE: $34/adult; $15/child.
- Trains at Northpark (11/26 – 1/1) – visit the amazing 1,600 feet of train tracks running from coast to coast making stops at each magical city in America! PRICE: $10/adult; $5/child.
- A Christmas Carol @ The Wyly Theater (through 12/26) – watch the classic Christmas Carol with the whole family! PRICE: prices vary based on seats.
- Enchant Christmas at Fair Park (11/26 – 1/2) – according to their website: “join the magical Christmas story of “The Great Search.” Nine of Santa’s reindeer have become lost in a giant snowstorm and need your help finding your way out of the mystical Enchant forest.” It’s a light maze adventure you won’t forget! PRICE: $20-$35/adult; $25/child.
- Elf of the Shelf’s Magical Holiday Journey @ Globe Life Park (through 12/26) – join elves on a Christmas quest through a magical wonderland! PRICE: prices vary.
- Jingle All the 5k, 10k (12/18/21) – stay active and run a race with 100s of other Santas and Elves!