// image via //
This recipe is for all you folks that find yourself in a baking breakdown when you host a gathering at your home. You don’t have the skills or the time to make some grand dessert, but you still want to provide your guests with a treat that will leave a lasting memory. Have no fear, I have just the recipe for you! These Chess Squares have been a pinterest favorite of mine for years and have yet to fail me. It only requires 5 ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep time, and there is next to no way you can mess them up!
So, pretend these are calorie-free/sugar-free, and read on!
1 box yellow cake mix
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar
1. preheat your oven to 300 degrees & spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray
2. mix the cake mix, melted butter and one egg into dough
3. press the dough into the bottom of the pan
4. mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and 2 eggs until smooth (1-2 minutes)
5. pour on top of the crust
6. bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden
(for beautiful pictures on each step, check out the original website here)
xo – anna