click the images below to shop:
Hi, loves! Are you as jazzed about the jean trends going on right now as I am? Skinny jeans will always be my jam, but I am having so much fun exploring other jean trends that have taken off this season. These button front LOFT jeans from last year were my favorites and they’re making a comeback. Madewell and Free People have put out similar pairs!
The thing about this season’s jean trends is that they’re pretty loud. They are unique, noticeable, and people are having so much fun styling them. We’re talking anywhere from 80s vibes to mom jeans to logos and labels! It’s so fun!
Fall 2018 Jean Trends:
- straight leg mom jeans – I think this is one of the coolest jean trends when pulled off right, but I just can’t seem to pull it off. If I could, I would get this pair (under $100) and style it with a cool crop top. Maybe in another life time…
- crop jeans/asymmetrical jeans – crop jeans and assymetrical (think step hem) jeans are big this year. This black pair is on sale and a great example of the style we’re talking about.
- side stripe – we saw a bit of this trend creep in late last spring, but it’s here in full force this year. Think stripe track pants, but jeans instead of tearaways. If you don’t know what tearaways are, you were probably born after 1990… This is a great example of side stripe jeans and super affordable too!
- 80s/90s distressed – distressed denim has been trending for awhile, but it’s taking on a new look this season. Think slightly baggier, straighter, and often cuffed at the bottom. This is one of my favorite pairs!
- utilitarian denim jumpsuit – you guys! How fun is this trend? I am all over it. In fact, I just ordered this denim jumpsuit to wear during NYFW. Stay tuned for how I style it!
- colored denim – I remember giving away 10+ pairs of colored denim a couple of years ago thinking surely this style would never come back. I was wrong. Trends always circle back and colored denim is here again, ladies! Find your favorite pair here.
- logo denim – I’m not sure how this trend will take this fall, but it’s a trend none-the-less. It’s a fun one, but I’m not sure how practical it is. See some examples here.
- super sleek trouser – trouser jeans. What do I think of this trend? I’m okay with it. It feels like it’s on it’s way to bell bottoms again, but for now, it’s a sleeker look. This pair is really cute I think and would look great dressed up with heels!
photography: fort lion studio