Happy Thursday, friends!! I am doing a major happy dance today to celebrate my last work day of the week. For some reason this whole be a mom and a blogger and a speech therapist thing has really just taken a toll on me this week. I feel like I need a 24 hour nap. Does anyone else feel like that with their job?
This week has been a bit crazy for the blog too; a lot has been happening! Yesterday there was a double post, so if you missed it, I announced the 4 winners to the Southern Soul perfume giveaway and posted 13 wedding registry tips. I also shared my sweet girls here in their adorable Janie and Jack Easter dresses.
Anyway, I picked up this lightweight sweater from LOFT and have really fallen in love with it. I do like how thin it is and the subtle shimmer is fun, but to be honest, I thought it might make me smell. I know that’s random, but do any of you guys ever find that those light weight tops or shirts just suffocate your skin and make you have BO? I was on high alert, haha. Good news is, no such luck (or misfortune maybe?).
The thing about finding a good summer sweater is that they really can be worn in cooler temps and warmer temps.
7 ways to style a summer sweater
- with jean shorts – pair this adorable stripe sweater with a ruffle hem with a pair of distressed denim shorts
- with white jeans – pair an off the shoulder sweater with white denim
- as a bathing suit coverup – this lace-up beach sweater from LOFT has been on my wish list for a couple weeks now!
- as a cardigan over a cami and jean skirt – this JCREW embellished cardigan would look precious over a white denim skirt
- with linen pants – try this sleeveless blue sweater (on SALE) with linen pants for an easy summer/beach look
- with a tulle skirt – elevate your nautical sweater with a tulle skirt for a more polished look
- dress with sandals – this fit and flare OTS dress is perfect for date night or as a wedding guest or wear this one for a spring day outdoors