hat: accessory concierge c/o | suit: similar
Happy Cinco De Mayo, friends!!! I hope you all have something fun and festive planned for today! From weddings to blog events to being with my college besties, I’ll be celebrating all weekend! I haven’t quite figured out what I’ll be wearing for Cinco, but I know I’ll definitely be wearing these festive pom pom sandals! How cute are they?
I’m sure you guys saw on instagram that we spend this past Saturday through Wednesday in Gulf Shores, AL with our closest friends from Baylor. We thought it was going to be crazy hectic with 11 families and 14 kids under 4, but it actually went surprisingly well! No injuries, no major breakdowns, and a whole lot of sun, water and fun!
Since some of you prefer to keep up with Fleurdille and my outfits here on the blog as opposed to instagram, I thought I’d share my beach looks here! I also wanted to share some tips on how to create a peaceful homecoming! I feel like as a mom, I (we) end up doing so much of the packing and then doing most of the unpacking and it can start to feel stressful on top of typical household responsibilities. In anticipation of this possible stress, I tried to do a couple things differently this time to eliminate that. Check out my tips below!
coverup: similar, similar, similar | bag: asos
7 Ways to Create a Peaceful Homecoming After Vacation:
- Finish all laundry before leaving – this was so key. I did all of our laundry (even towels and bedding) before leaving.
- Clean house prior to leaving – this was essential as coming home to a clean, picked-up house automatically relieves stress for me.
- Leave food for several days – this was a new one for us. Typically, we clean out the fridge before leaving for a trip and while we did this for the most part, we were sure to leave some essentials to be able to have options when we returned – coffee, breakfast food, dinner options for a couple days, etc.
- Laundry throughout trip – if you’re staying at a house or hotel that has a washer you should totally use it! We kept up with laundry throughout out trip so the only things we had to wash when we returned were our beach towels and a tiny load from the kids.
- List of to do items – I’m a to-do-lister already, but having a list of things that had to get done in addition to unpacking helped me to see clearly what I needed to do that first day home.
- Meditate – this is something I’ve added to my life in general to help destress, but waking up that first day back and meditating and spending time in the Word helped me to set my focus and intention for the day.
- Have a happy attitude – this sounds silly, but if you choose to have a happy attitude, it can really change your outlook on the day and the day’s tasks!
coverup: accessory concierge c/o | suit: asos | hat: similar | sunnies: diff eyewear c/o
suit: similar, similar | coverup: asos | hat: similar | sunnies: diff eyewear c/o
suit: target | sunnies: diff eyewear c/o
coverup: loft | suit: similar, similar | hat: similar | necklace: dana rebecca
tote: pb kids | towels: pb kids
matching pj set: asos (less than $40!)
3rd annual BEARS, BABES, and BABIES TRIP!!